- Aspects of the topic Akitu are discussed in the following places at Britannica. . click on any word to see a definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary.
- JANES 1:1 (1968). Nakata: Problems of the Babylonian akitu Festival.
- The Akitu Festival in Mesopotamia: The Expression of Royal
- was the Mesopotamian New Year's Festival, often referred to as the Akitu festival.
- The Akitu Chronicle Bel and Nebo Translation – (Transcription)
- The Akitu Chronicle Bel and Nebo Translation – (Transcription). *The Akitu Chronicle (ABC 16) is one of the historiographical texts from ancient Babylon.
- Dünden Bugüne
- [Babillilerin yılbaşında tuttuğu 12 günlük Akitu orucuna benzer.] Oruç günlerinde suya hasret giden Hazret-i Hüseyn'in hatırasına su içilmez; ama başka sıvılar içilebilir. Hayvani gıda ve soğan hiç yenmez.
- Akitu festival
- The name Akitu is very ancient.
- Akitu (the New Year Festival) and Newruz (Nuroz)
- Assyrians, The oldest Christians in the Middle East and the national struggle for their Assyrian homeland and statehood.
Akitu is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Akitu books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.