- Algal Toxins Found in Alaskan Marine Mammals
- A stranded humpback whale carcass in Dutch Harbor, Alaska. Humpback whales were among the Alaska marine mammals showing exposure to algal toxins, according to new research. Kathy Burek-Huntington, Alaska Veterinary and Pathology Services.
- Alaskan Man Arrested in Snowmobile Crash That Killed Iditarod Dog
- ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — A 26-year-old man accused of crashing his snowmobile into two Iditarod mushers says he was returning home from a night of drinking when he struck Aliy Zirkle and Jeff King's teams early Saturday morning. Alaska State ...
- Fire and Ice: Gauging the Effects of Wildfire on Alaskan Permafrost
- USGS scientists, in collaboration with researchers at the University of Minnesota and University of Alaska Fairbanks, have mapped belowground permafrost in areas of Alaska that have been affected by wildfire, years-to-decades after the fires occurred.
- Obama-Trudeau Arctic Pact Miffs Alaskan Lawmakers
- JUNEAU, Alaska (CN) - Alaska's governor and congressional delegation were less than enthused over President Barack Obama and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's pledge to take "science-based steps" to save the Arctic from climate change.
- Daylight saving time turns 100 this year.
- Daylight saving time is simply a fact of life for many people in North America, but an Alaskan legislator wants to stop the practice. Senator Anna MacKinnon has put forward a bill to stop the clocks from springing forward every March.
Alaskan is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Alaskan books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.