A selection of articles related to alcohol etymology.
Original articles from our library related to the Alcohol Etymology. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Alcohol Etymology.
- The potentized remedy
- Many people think that homeopathic medicines are made from plants, but in fact the remedies can be made from anything. The substances are made from plants; poisonous and non-poisonous plants, herbs and toad-stools minerals, like sulfur, sodium chloride or...
Body Mysteries >> Homeopathy
- Juice Fasting 1.01: Building Will
- Two of the biggest problems with any metaphysical pursuit are: 1. Lack of will power 2. Dietary caused low energy levels Will Power: Will power is quite different from 'personality strength'. Just because a person has great personality strength does not mean...
Psychic Abilities >> Psychic Development
- How to Use Bach Flower Remedies
- Selecting the remedies Select the remedies through the classical interview technique. Find out in a clear and honest conversation: what type the person is (for instance: easily frightened, or servile, or intolerant) what his/her emotions and concerns are at...
Homeopathy >> Bach Flower Remedies
- Values in the Balance
- We in the Pagan community pride ourselves on our tolerance for difference. Differences in lifestyle, sexual preference, orientation and expression, race, orthodoxy, tradition, ritual structure, costumes, positions on nudity, personal interaction styles, etc....
Holidays >> Mabon
- Receptive. Element: Water. Translucent, purple/lavender quartz. Psychicness, imagery, mind quieting. Wear when sleeping or when awake to reduce anger, impatience, and nightmares. Brow and crown chakras. Headaches, eyes, scalp/hair, pituitary, pineal,...
Earth Mysteries >> Stones, Minerals & Metals
- Harding, Deborah
- Deborah Harding began gardening alongside her parents when she was just able to walk. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two daughters. She writes articles on herbal concerns for magazines and web-zines, and gives lectures and workshops on growing herbs...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 3
- WAKE UP, GET DRESSED & MOVE OUT The search for Truth and meaning that occasionally marked the philosophies of the ancient world, appears to be in a state of serious decline in the present day. In our institutions of psychology and philosophy, there is...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
Alcohol Etymology is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Alcohol Etymology books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Origin of English Words
- the words' Arabic origin, for example; alcohol, alcove, algebra, algorithm, albatross, alkali and many others.
- ALCOHOL: FRIEND OR FOE? A HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE
- takes away the mind or covers it. Obviously, the last statement fits well with alcohol – it does take away the mind. H.
- SLANG TERMS FOR DRINKS, DRUNKS AND HABITS OF DRINKING
- metaphor, simile, folk etymology, distortion of sounds in words, generalization, specialization the sale of alcohol were able to import from Scotland and Ireland .
- To drink or not to drink – on Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- -a strong, sweetened, aromatic alcoholic liquor; liqueur. -a stimulating medicine. - anything that invigorates or exhilarates.
Suggested Web Resources
- alcohol - Online Etymology Dictionary
- The Online Etymology Dictionary 1540s, "fine powder produced by sublimation ," from M.L.
- alcoholic (adj.) - Online Etymology Dictionary
- 1790, "of or pertaining to alcohol;" see alcohol + -ic.
- alcohol - Wiktionary
- From Middle English or Old French alcohol (modern French alcool), from الكحل ( al-kuħl, “kohl”) (by broadening).
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Alcohol Etymology Topics
Related searcheskataklysm members
dream dictionary congregation
four fruits of the arhat
dabru emet text of dabru emet