A selection of articles related to alexandrian calendar.
Original articles from our library related to the Alexandrian Calendar. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Alexandrian Calendar.
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Celtic Gods of Mainland Europe
- Speakers of Celtic languages once dominated a swath of Europe stretching from Spain to areas of modern-day Turkey. At various times in their heyday from 500 to 100 B.C., these Celtic peoples controlled what is now France, southern Germany, northern Italy,...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Festival Cycles, Christian Feasts and the Sabbats
- A Miscellany of Festivals : Christian Equivalents for the "Sabbats" There's a number of reasons why the "Wiccan" wheel of the year and the Christian Calendar don't match. The most important is all too often overlooked. The Christian...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Origin of the Zodiac Signs
- Zodiac is that imaginary belt encircling the earth through which the sun, moon, and the planets pass during the year.
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Chinese Zodiac Signs: An Overview
- Chinese zodiac presented the character of persons born under each sign in twelve consecutive years. Each year are represented by the twelve animals, as follows
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Feasts of the Times
- "There are rituals of the elements and feasts of the times." - AL II,36 The Tropical Zodiac, while not shifting with the precession of the Earth like the Sidereal Zodiac, has the charming...
Magick >> Thelema
- Morrison, Dorothy
- Dorothy is a Wiccan High Priestess of the Georgian tradition and an avid practitioner of the ancient arts for over 20 years. She teaches the Craft to students throughout the US and in Australia. Her interests include archery and bowhunting, magical herbalism,...
Real Interviews >> Authors
Alexandrian Calendar is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Alexandrian Calendar books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- The Tangled History of Leap Years
- Caesar noticed, however, that Egyptians used a calendar based on the sun rather than the moon. So, in consultation with the Alexandrian astronomer Sosigenes, he decided to create his own new system, hoping to solve the problem of the drifting seasons.
- Leap Year 2016: Why does February have 29 days every four years?
- The Roman calendar used to have 355 days with an extra 22-day month every two years until Julius Caesar became emperor in the 1st Century and ordered his Alexandrian astronomer Sosigenes to devise something better. Sosigenes decided on a 365-day ...
- Another four years, another birthday for mom and son
- Julius Caesar added the leap day to the Julian calendar in 46 B.C. He didn't come up with the idea himself but was advised to do so by an Alexandrian astronomer named Sosigenes.
- Why Is There a Leap Year And Leap Day? History and Science Reveal the Exact Reason
- The full reason we have a leap year and the need for a leap day is that our calendars and the actual rotation of the earth around the sun doesn't add up, astronomically speaking.
- Social Media: Destroyer or Creator?
- Khaled was a 29-year-old Alexandrian who was killed by police. I saw myself in his picture. … I anonymously created a Facebook page and called it 'We Are All Khaled Said.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Alexandrian Calendar Topics
Related searchesdark elf mega man zero
sl-1 events after the power excursion
turmeric food additive
rounders film plot