Alfred Thayer Mahan
A selection of articles related to alfred thayer mahan.
Original articles from our library related to the Alfred Thayer Mahan. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Alfred Thayer Mahan.
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Truth, Lies and the Holocaust
- Any fool can tell the truth, but it requires a man of some sense to know how to lie well. -Samuel Butler Over the years, I have heard many tales of tragedy and persecution committed against Neo-Pagans around the country. From folks losing jobs, losing...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
Alfred Thayer Mahan is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Alfred Thayer Mahan books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Naval War College Historian Awarded Prestigious Oxford Degree
- In 2009, the Navy League of the United States awarded Hattendorf its Alfred Thayer Mahan Award for Literary Achievement, and the USS Constitution Museum Foundation awarded him its Samuel Eliot Morison Award. In 2012, he was awarded the Admiral of ...
- Geopolitics today
- Mackinder's thoughts were largely a response to the geographical ideas of Alfred Thayer Mahan. In 1890, Captain Mahan, president of the US Naval War College, published an analysis of the importance of naval power as a factor in the rise of the British ...
- Beyond Iron and Blood: The Complex History of Realpolitik
- In describing the era of some of the nation's first realists, such as Alfred Thayer Mahan and Teddy Roosevelt, Bew gives a vivid depiction of the strategic growing pains of a future world power.
- Asia's Mediterranean: Strategy, Geopolitics, and Risk in the Seas of the Indo
- Spykman's claims put a new twist on Alfred Thayer Mahan's assertion that control of the high seas was the great goal of the maritime powers. Instead of looking at the vast global maritime highway, like Mahan, Spykman instead concentrated on the areas ...
- China's 'String of Pearls': Naval Rivalry or Entente in the Indian Ocean?
- China, accordingly, has taken its cue in part from Alfred Thayer Mahan, the pre-eminent sea-power theorist of the late 19th century and the modern U.S. Navy's intellectual founder.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Alfred Thayer Mahan Topics
Related searchespete doherty controversy and arrests
dream dictionary ostrich