- Barley Straw for Algae Control, APM-1-W
- The use of barley straw for algae control has received a lot of publicity in recent to suspect that barley might also control algae in ponds and lakes.
- Blue-green Algae
- Under some environmental conditions, blue-green algae can become so to blue-green algal toxins in surface waters (lakes, rivers, streams and reservoirs).
- Look back at the U. S. Department of Energy's Aquatic Species
- The ASP studied a fairly specific aspect of algae—their ability to produce natural winnowed down to around 300 species, mostly green algae and diatoms.
- Officials warn of algae at northeast Kansas lake
- (AP) â€” State officials have issued a warning about toxic algae blooms in one northeast Kansas lake and continued their warning for a federal reservoir in the area.
- Kansas Blue-green Algae Alerts Updated
- Topeka, KS - infoZine - In recent testing of Kansas lakes by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE), blue-green algae levels in several lakes remain high.
- Algae bloom growing in Tampa Bay
- An algae bloom is growing in Tampa Bay, turning water into the color of rust. The bloom is the bay's first in two years and is dangerous to fish. It is caused by a combination of the heat, rain and fertilizer runoff into the bay.
- Raised algal toxin levels in another Argyll and Bute area
- Raised levels of naturally occurring algal toxins have been identified in Argyll and Bute waters on the west coast of Scotland.
- Algae Research / Department of Botany, National Museum of
- Algae are photosynthetic organisms that occur in most habitats.
- It was a huge step in complexity from a virus to a bacterium and it is almost as large a step from the prokaryotic cells of bacteria to the eukaryotic cells of algae.
- Blue-green algae are the slimy stuff. Its cells lack nuclei and its pigment is scattered. Blue-green algae are not actually algae, they are bacteria.
Algae is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Algae books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesattractor limit cycle
babylonia science and mathematics
darkover series darkover chronology
elephant social behavior