A selection of articles related to allegory.
Original articles from our library related to the Allegory. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Allegory.
- About Alchemy
- "The science of alchemy I like very well, and indeed, 'tis the philosophy of the ancients. I like it not only for the profits it brings in melting metals, in decocting, preparing, extracting and distilling herbs, roots; I like it also for the sake of the...
Mystic Sciences >> Alchemy
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Hyperspace Reality
- Despite the fact that the 'new' physics, a godchild of the Einsteinian revolution has taught us that the Universe we perceive is a mere shadow of a vastly more unpredictable one, most of us still view the world in a distinctly materialistic way. A world where...
Modern Science >> New Physics
- Hulse, David Allen
- >From an early age, David Allen Hulse has made a diligent study of the alphabets of the ancient world. Even as a child, David possessed a great affinity for the alphabets of Egypt, Phoenicia, and Greece. In college, a reading of MacGregor Mathers' Kabbalah...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Hulse, David Allen
- From an early age, David Allen Hulse has made a diligent study of the alphabets of the ancient world. Even as a child, David possessed a great affinity for the alphabets of Egypt, Phoenicia, and Greece. In college, a reading of MacGregor Mathers' Kabbalah...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- King James Bible: Galatians, Chapter 4
- Chapter 4 4:1 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all; 4:2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father. 4:3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage...
New Testament >> Galatians
Allegory is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Allegory books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Allamuchy Allegory Brochure REV
- inspired the name Allamuchy Allegory.
- Parables and Fables: From Symbolism to Allegory? Parables and
- Symbolism and allegory are similarly mixed-up in too many students' Testament that these meshalim are conflated with allegorical readings.
- Allegory of The Cave
- Plato. Allegory of The Cave from. The Republic (Book VII, 514a-521b) translated by.
- Hugh Rockoff of Rutgers University, 'The “Wizard of Oz” as a
- interpretations have focused on the political and social aspects of the allegory.
Suggested News Resources
- One Day
- The race pits a young rider against a veteran cowboy and in an allegory for the novel's action, the veteran loses, so the boy doesn't learn his lesson. This is a languid, atmospheric fiction, wreathed in disappointment and anxiety.
- Justin Bieber's Private Parts Immortalized as a Sylvester and Tweety Sculpture
- Edwards' latest Bieber piece (no pun intended) is titled 'Allegory of a Teen Sex Symbol (Justin Bieber)' and features a symbolic translation of Bieber's bits and pieces, with Looney Tunes characters taking place of his you-know-whats.
- REVIEW: Allegory Alert! John Sayles' Amigo Riffs on American Imperialism
- Along with an introductory crack about “hearts and minds” made by squad Lieutenant Compton (Garret Dillahunt), that private's twanging epithet puts the audience on Code Orange allegory alert.
- A living, breathing allegory of want....
- By Dennis Vasey “Coyote blamed for mauling cat in East Naples neighborhood” wrote Jacob Carpenter in a “Naples Daily News” article August 3, 2011 with accompanying movie clips--http://tinyurl.com/3e88e59.
- Culture Warrior: Rise of the Planet of the Allegories
- The original Planet of the Apes lends itself quite readily to allegory. 1968, the year of the film's release, was the peak of one of the most tumultuous eras in American social history. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Suggested Web Resources
- Allegory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Allegory is a figurative mode of representation conveying meaning other than the verbal.
- Allegory | Define Allegory at Dictionary.com
- /ˈæl əˌgɔr i, -ˌgoʊr i/ Show Spelled[al-uh-gawr-ee, -gohr-ee] Show IPA. noun, plural -ries. 1.
- Allegory is a form of extended metaphor, in which objects, persons, and actions in a narrative, are equated with the meanings that lie outside the narrative itself.
- Allegory - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster
- al·le·go·ry. noun \ˈa-lə-ˌgȯr-ē\. plural al·le·go·ries.
- allegory - definition of allegory by the Free Online Dictionary
- al·le·go·ry ( l -gôr , -g r ). n. pl.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.