A selection of articles related to alpine countries.
Original articles from our library related to the Alpine Countries. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Alpine Countries.
- Dionysos – A Gift of Abundance and Divine Inspiration
- At the end of the summer the four elements have worked their alchemy; a good balance between fertile earth, air of the right temperature, the fire of the sun and gentle rain showers will now have resulted in an abundant harvest. Flowers proudly open up to the...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- God The Mother
- IN THE WESTERN WORLD, we are all familiar with the concept of a male god, whether the idea comes from Christianity, Judaism or Mohammedanism. When we think of a male god, at the back of our minds is a picture of an old man in the sky, who has a certain set of...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Goddess of war and battles, consort of Ptah. Hathor took Sekhmet's shape when she made war on men. Sekhmet is usually portrayed as a woman with the head of a lioness, sometimes brandishing a knife in an upraised hand. Her name means the powerful. Sekhmet's...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Judaism: An Overview
- Judaism, the fundamental religion of the Jews, is the oldest and purely monotheistic religion of the world.
Religions >> Judaism
- Am I Damned?: Part 1
- (Excerpted from a planned website, much of this material has already appeared in answer to various questions on the boards, especially in General Earth Spirituality. I will attempt to redact it for this forum, as much of the arguments contained here are basic...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- A Germanic Pagan Looks at the Ten Commandments
- Once, the Ten Commandments were by law posted in schoolrooms in the great Commonwealth of Kentucky and other places around the USA. Now, efforts are being made to post them here and elsewhere. Most folks in these parts seem to think that's a great idea....
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Our Pagan Village: The Importance and Persuit of Honor
- Candlelight flickers over the Beltaine revels. Food is laid out in the circle for the feast. Only one rule – no one can feed themselves. Each is dependent on friends and loved ones for sustenance, joy and delight. After an hour of laughter and revels and way...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
Alpine Countries is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Alpine Countries books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Asheboro Senior Center's trip to the Alpine Countries set
- ASHEBORO — The Randolph County Senior Adults Association in conjunction with Premier World Discovery has planned a trip to the Alpine Countries featuring Munich and Salzburg, Germany, and Innsbruck, Austria, Sept. 20-27. Amanda Speer, a sales ...
- Seven Surprising Facts About the Matterhorn
- Switzerland was one of the first countries in the world to use posters as a way to entice travelers to visit. One of the most famous of those early travel posters is of the Matterhorn itself. Artist Emil ...
- Ten Reasons Why You Should Choose Greece For Your Next Holidays
- Probably because most Occidental countries set their roots on Greek history, culture and traditions. We have inherited democracy, philosophy, ethics, theater, as well as so many other things. A great part of our words are Greek as well.
- Next up for this champ? Austria
- WESTFORD -- When Christopher O'Neil learned he was selected to participate in the 2017 Special Olympics World Winter Games in Austria for alpine skiing, he was so overwhelmed that tears started to stream from his eyes. "I said, 'Really?
- Germans' favorite vacation destinations
- The desire to travel continues unabated for most Germans, despite an unease following terror attacks. Although drawn to exotic countries, holidaymakers in Germany have also been won over by destinations closer to home. Deutschland Füssen Schloss ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.