A selection of articles related to amarna period.
Original articles from our library related to the Amarna Period. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Amarna Period.
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part I: Early Dynastic Period
- I - Predynastic - Early Dynastic Period. The temples were in essence the *Home of the God* and thus a place where only Pharaoh as the Son of God and those he appointed as his deputies, could meet with the god. This goes all the way back to Archaic and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Astrological Emphasis: Aquarius, 2001
- General | Love | Work | Health Aquarius: January, 21st- February, 19th. This article applies to Aquarians during 2001. General Those born under the sign of Aquarius are characterised by their great passion for mystery and prove to have a fighting spirit in...
Astrology >> Aquarius
- Astrological Emphasis: Pisces, 2001
- General | Love | Work | Health Pisces: February, 21st - March, 20th. This article applies to Pisceans during 2001. General Pisces is the twelfth sign of the Zodiac, astrologically dominated by Jupiter and Neptune, exalted by the Moon and with Mercury in exile....
Astrology >> Pisces
- The Sun disc itself, first as a heavenly body, later personified as Re. During the Amarna period exalted by Akhenaten (Amenhotep IV) to be the only god in existence, something which had been unheard of in Egyptian religion. Aten was then depicted as a sundisc...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Origins of the Celts
- Two new groups of people emerge in Central Europe during the late Neolithic (New Stone Age) period, one certainly immigrant. Each group may be distinguished archaeologically by characteristic artifacts found in their respective burial sites. One was a Bell...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
Amarna Period is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Amarna Period books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Tiye: One of the Most Influential Women of Ancient Egypt
- The story of her life is as mysterious as all the people who lived in this period. The world she lived in collapsed with the capital city of her son Akhenaten – Amarna.
- Recent Israeli finds focus of special weekend MSU archaeology event
- Jimmy Hardin, an associate professor in the Mississippi State University Department of Anthropology and Middle Eastern Cultures, co-directed a team in Israel that found archaeological evidence from the time of kings David and Solomon. A free Friday and ...
- The Art of Amarna: Akhenaten and his life under the Sun
- The Amarna period, roughly 1353-1336 BCE, introduced a new form of art that completely contradicted what was known and revered in the Egyptian culture. The pharaoh Amenhotep IV not only changed his name from Amenhotep to Akhenaten, and the ...
- Bristol pair killed after car fails to stop and plunges into canal
- Two men died after a car plunged into a canal in Bristol yesterday evening, despite attempts by brave members of the public to save them.
- Farmer attempts to kill his pig with axe but knocks HIMSELF to the floor in video
- This is the dramatic moment a farmer nearly knocked himself out after hitting himself round the head with an axe as he tried to kill a pig.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Amarna Period Topics
Related searchesdomestic goat feeding goats
lili story summary
richmond virginia demographics
general theory of collaboration
insulin analog lispro insulin