Amateurism The Olympics
A selection of articles related to amateurism the olympics.
Original articles from our library related to the Amateurism The Olympics. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Amateurism The Olympics.
- The Aeonic Perspective of the Enochian Temples
- The initiatory system of the Enochian Temples divides the path of initiation into four major stages, distinguished primarily by the types and sources of the influences they are sensitive to. Briefly, these stages are: 1. Lunar-planetary, focused in Yesod and...
Magick >> Enochian
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Amateurism The Olympics is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Amateurism The Olympics books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Vote for Fields for Sullivan Award
- Based on the qualities of leadership, character, sportsmanship and the ideals of amateurism, the AAU Sullivan Award goes far beyond athletic accomplishments and honors those who have shown strong moral character. The AAU James E.
- Want to know more about March Madness? Here's what to read and watch.
- Originally a New Yorker feature, McPhee's 1965 book focuses on Rhodes scholar, Scholar, Olympic gold medalist, future NBA Hall of Famer and eventual U.S. senator Bill Bradley during his senior year at Princeton.
- Victoria Pendleton's Cheltenham ride may turn PR genius into disaster
- There was never much doubt that a press conference in London on Monday would confirm Victoria Pendleton's place in the field for the Foxhunter Chase at Cheltenham on Friday week. The dual Olympic gold-winning cyclist swung the balance at Wincanton ...
- Manny Pacquiao Open to Fighting in Olympics if Vote to Allow Pros Passes
- The Filipino welterweight told Agence France Press that if the International Boxing Association (IBA) votes to allow professionals to compete at the Olympics, he would strongly consider going to Rio this summer.
- Floyd Mayweather at the Olympics might not make sense but the horse has bolted
- Where in the Olympic movement does amateurism linger? On the very fringes. Archery, fencing, that rubbing-the-ice-with-a-mop thing from Scotland, and a few others perhaps.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.