A selection of articles related to amazon basin.
Original articles from our library related to the Amazon Basin. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Amazon Basin.
- Pendulum Divination
- The Pendulum is a divination tool made of a piece of string and a weight. The weight can be almost anything: a metal washer, a gold or silver ring, even a paper clip. Pendulum divination has survived through the centuries. The two most common pendulum models...
Divination >> Pendulums
- Hulse, David Allen
- >From an early age, David Allen Hulse has made a diligent study of the alphabets of the ancient world. Even as a child, David possessed a great affinity for the alphabets of Egypt, Phoenicia, and Greece. In college, a reading of MacGregor Mathers' Kabbalah...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- The Rise Of The Rede
- A Change In Emphasis The Wiccan Rede currently enjoys an extremely visible role in Paganism. As of this writing, a browser search using the term "Wiccan Rede" will generate no less than 4,000 listings. Go to a specific Web site with a "basics...
Paganism & Wicca >> The Wiccan Rede
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 12
- Chapter 12 12:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, saying, 12:2 This month shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the first month of the year to you. 12:3 Speak ye unto all the congregation of Israel, saying, In the...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- Mythic Heroes of Celtic Ireland
- The Celtic mythology of Ireland is best summarized as consisting of four broad cycles. This month's article deals with mythic Celtic mortals, figures who populate the stories in the second and third cycles below. Four Cycles of Irish Mythology Foundation...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- An Overview of Different Types of Scrying
- Scrying is a method of divination. It consists of gazing into a crystal, a mirror or some water for example, anything shiny really, in order to enter altered mind states...A good cliché that best describes scrying is the gypsy fortune-teller and her large...
Divination >> Scrying
- Creative Visualization and Wicca
- Imagine What You Can Do! The tools of the Craft. Chalice, athame, wand, candle, pentacle, incense, crystals, creative visualization. Wait. Creative visualization? I know what you're thinking. “That doesn't belong there!” Unfortunately, many make the same...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
Amazon Basin is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Amazon Basin books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Amazon Basin
- and Lanna, A.E. Amazon Basin, GIWA Regional assessment 40b.
- Oil exploitation in the Amazon basin of Ecuador: a public health
- the Amazon basin of Ecuador: a public health emergency. Miguel San Sebastián1 and. Anna-Karin Hurtig1.
- Conserving Biodiversity in the Amazon Basin: Context and
- Country-by-Country Investments by USAID in the Amazon Basin during FY 1999- 2005. 6.
Suggested News Resources
- Huge river discovered underneath the Amazon basin
- The Rio Negro in Brazil's Amazon basin. Scientists found the new river using data from abandoned deep wells drilled in the region decades ago. Photo: AFP An international conference in Brazil hears of a stunning underground discovery, writes Alok Jha.
- Google Brings Weather To Maps
- Local weather conditions augment the popular Google Maps service; Street View will also be extended to map the Amazon basin.
- Did Drug Violence Eliminate an 'Uncontacted' Amazon Tribe?
- Members of an uncontacted Amazon Basin tribe and their dwellings are seen during a flight over the Brazilian state of Acre along the border with Peru in this May 2008 photo.
- Protesters have a blue over green concerns
- BY VICKI FLETCHER AND YELENA RAMLI Blue with anger, protesters fronted the Brazil embassy in Yarralumla yesterday afternoon after the Brazilian Government approval of the giant Belo Monte Dam planned for the Amazon basin.
Suggested Web Resources
- Amazon Basin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Amazon Basin is the part of South America drained by the Amazon River and its tributaries.
- The Amazon Basin - A Community of Friends Playing Games
- Member list, links, forum, strategy guides, and joining instructions.
- Amazon Basin Facts - National Zoo| FONZ
- The Amazon River, according to many accounts, was named by Spanish explorer Fransisco de Orellana in 1541.
- Amazon Basin | International Rivers
- The Amazon Basin, home to sixty percent of the planet's remaining tropical rainforests, is an immense region nearly the size of the continental United States.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.