American Heritage Dictionary
A selection of articles related to american heritage dictionary.
Original articles from our library related to the American Heritage Dictionary. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on American Heritage Dictionary.
- Hypnosis: A Selected Bibliography
- Index of bibliography sections Selected Periodicals (14 entries) Edited Overviews of General Theories of Hypnosis (5 entries) Specific Topics Related to Research into Hypnosis. General single-author overviews, non-special-state views, social andexperimental...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- The Ten Native American Commandments
- Treat the Earth and all that dwell thereon with respect. Remain close the Great Spirit. Show great respect for your fellow beings. Work together for the benefit of all Mankind. Give assistance and kindness wherever needed. Do what you know to be right. Look...
Religions >> Native American, Shamanism
- Black Gospel Music
- Black Gospel music is also known as Urban Contemporary Gospel music. Its roots were the Negro spiritual songs that were sang by the African slaves while tilling the rich cotton fields of their white Southern masters in the early 18th century.
>> Poetry & Fable
- Hypnosis References
- Bower, G. (1990). Awareness, the unconscious and repression : An experimental psychologist's perspective . In J.L. Singer (Ed.), Repression and Dissociation: Implications for personality, theory, psychopathology, and health . (Pp, 209-222). Chicago:...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Principles of Wiccan Belief
- In the spring Witchmeet held April 1974 in Minneapolis, Minnesota, The Councel of American Witches adopted this statement entitled "The Principles of Wiccan Belief." The statement was created in hopes to bring awareness to the general public as well...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- But on to Othala, which in the eastern areas of the proto-Germanic-speaking area was evidently pronounced Othila. This is the “O” rune. It did not carry over into the Younger Futhark, so Ur(uz) did double-duty. Nevertheless, the Scandinavian languages still...
Divination >> Rune Stones
American Heritage Dictionary is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, American Heritage Dictionary books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- References American Heritage Dictionary of English Language
- American Heritage Dictionary of English Language, Third Edition. (1992). Boston: Houghton-Mifflin.
- -51- REFERENCES 1. American Heritage Dictionary. Second
- American Heritage Dictionary. Second College Edition. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company,.
- The американский Словарь Наследия английского Языка
- Словарь Наследия английского Языка, Третьего Выпуска. The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition(8652s).
- Understanding Dictionary Entries
- The pronunciation will either be in the American Heritage Dictionary (ADH) form or pronunciation is from The Concise American Heritage Dictionary (1997, p.
- Healthy Boundaries What are boundaries? The word boundary in
- The word boundary in the American Heritage Dictionary is defined as “an indicated border or limit.
Suggested News Resources
- Letter: Hear, hear
- American Heritage Dictionary definition of fascism: "...a system of government that exercises a dictatorship of the extreme right, typically through the merging of state and business leadership, together with belligerent nationalism.
- A Thundering Squadron of Cassocks
- According to the American Heritage Dictionary, cassock comes from the French casaque, meaning long, coat. Casaque, along with cossack, may come from the Turkic quzzak, meaning “nomad, adventurer.
- How celebrity gossip destroys journalism's credibility
- Double-clicking on any word in a Times story brings up its American Heritage dictionary definition, and "limn" did not appear on the new 2011 list of the top-50 most frequently looked-up words on the site.
Suggested Web Resources
- American Heritage Dictionary - Dictionary.com
- The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
- Dictionary: Online definitions and pronunciations - Yahoo! Education
- Dictionary Online - Find definitions, spellings, pronunciations and word and 900 full-page color illustrations in the American Heritage Dictionary on Yahoo!
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.