A selection of articles related to americans.
Original articles from our library related to the Americans. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Americans.
- All One People
- Standing in their Circle, a group of people reverently turn to face and address the four directions. They call to their Great Mother and Great Father, giving thanks for their many gifts. The Circle is blessed with sweet smoke from sacred herbs and becomes a...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Black Gospel Music
- Black Gospel music is also known as Urban Contemporary Gospel music. Its roots were the Negro spiritual songs that were sang by the African slaves while tilling the rich cotton fields of their white Southern masters in the early 18th century.
>> Poetry & Fable
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
Americans is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Americans books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Cancer Facts & Figures for African Americans 2011-2012
- How the American Cancer Society Helps Save Lives and Helps Reduce Cancer Disparities. 19 40.
- climate change in the american mind
- Americans' Global Warming Beliefs and Attitudes in. May 2011. Interview dates: April 23, 2011 – May 12, 2011.
- Guide to Scholarships for New Americans and Minorities
- for children of “New Americans” who may not be aware of the many opportunities for scholarships available to them.
- African American Suicide Fact Sheet1
- In 2007, 1958 African Americans completed suicide in the U.S. Of these, 1606 ( 82%) were males ( In 2007, there were 352 African American female suicides.
- The Affordable Care Act Gives African Americans Greater Control
- health reform for african americans. The Affordable Care Act Gives African Americans Greater. Control Over Their Own Health Care.
Suggested News Resources
- Obama Calls for Americans to Mark 9/11 With Service Projects
- By Margaret Talev - Sat Aug 27 10:00:00 GMT 2011 President Barack Obama is asking Americans in the next two weeks to mark the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks by participating in local charity and service projects.
- Obama Weekly Address: Call for Unity as 9/11 Approaches
- In his weekly address this morning, President Obama waxed wistful for the spirit of patriotic dedication and consanguinity that united Americans after the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.
- Report: Half of Americans Are Now Social Networkers
- Accounting for the percentage of adults who don't use the Internet at all, that still means that half of all Americans now use social networking sites, Pew researchers said.
- Native American diversity, traditions take center stage at ET powwow
- (Margaret Wood) Alisha Starbird of Maryville prepares to carry in the American Flag at the Spirit of Nations Traditional Powwow put on by Indian Creek Productions Saturday, Aug. 27, 2011 at Chilhowee Park.
Suggested Web Resources
- Americans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The people of the United States or simply Americans or American people are the inhabitants or citizens of the United States.
- Airline Tickets and Airline Reservations from American Airlines | AA
- At American Airlines you'll find great travel deals, discount flight tickets, and AAdvantage bonus airline mile offers.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.