- Significantly more common than the non-specific meaning of Amesha Spenta ( see below) is a restrictive use of the term to refer to the great six "divine sparks" of ...
- The Amesha Spentas - WAPIZ
- Sources : - The Gathas – main source – the collective term Amesha Spenta not used. ... Amesha = undying or immortal – Hence Amesha Spentas = Bounteous ...
- Jasahn (The Pasi Version)
- Mar 14, 2014 praise Ahura Mazda and invoke the Amesha Spentas and the Fravashis. Types of Jashans. 1.
- Informational brochure - AVESTA -- Zoroastrian Archives
- beings called Amesha Spentas (sometimes called. “archangels”), Yazatas (“ angels”), and Fravashis. (“guardian angels”).
- Vegetarianism in Zoroastrianisn: by Ervad Burjor H. Antia
- Avesta language), a unique concept of what is known as the Amesha Spentas. They are the spiritual entities (angels) of Ahuramazda himself. They are seven in.
- Zoroastrian - Kentucky Hospital Association
- The loftiest ideal for man is to emulate the Amesha Spentas or attributes of Ahura Mazda, which include the following: 1. National Conference for Community and ...
- In pictures: Exhibition traces rich cultural history of Zoroastrianism
- A seventh century terracotta fragment representing six Amesha-Spentas (divine Zoroastrian beings), a 1250 CE enameled reliquary casket adorned with the Biblical Wise Men, a replica of a fire temple... These are some of the 350 exhibits that will be on ...
- Ahura Mazda
- According to the Pluralism Project: “The one supreme and infinite God — Ahura Mazda — cannot be fully understood by humanity, [but] six attributes of Ahura Mazda were revealed to Zarathushtra. Known as the Amesha Spentas, they include Vohu Mana, the ...
- Zarathushtra - The Revolutionary Iranian Prophet and First Philosopher in History
- He also experienced the presence of the so called Amesha Spentas which are six divine entities that act as the protectors of the physical world and obey the decisions of Ahura Mazda.
- Thrones and Dominions
- The closest comparison to later Judaeo-Christian practice comes with a particular subset of divine beings called the Amesha Spentas, or Bounteous Immortals. These were originally the six forces or divine sparks through which the good God, Ahura Mazda ...
- The real-life angels of mercy
- (CNN)– I got pulled over on my way to work recently. I was late and I was speeding, but when the officer saw the hospice ID around my neck, with the word "chaplain" all in capital letters, she gave me just a warning.
Amesha Spentas is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Amesha Spentas books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.