- am·phi·ox·us ( m f - k s s). n. See lancelet.
- Developmental Gene Expression in Amphioxus: New Insights into
- Amphioxus is widely held to be the closest invertebrate relative of the vertebrates and the suggest body part homologies between vertebrates and amphioxus.
- Cephalochordates Amphioxus
- Cephalochordates. Amphioxus. Page 2.
- Xiamen's 1st artificial island may pose threat to rare 'fossil' fish
- Xiamen lancelet, also known as Xiamen amphioxus and Wenchang(文昌鱼), is a rare fish under the second class state protection.
- The Annotated Amphioxus
- Dec 26, 2008 A song, set to the tune of “It's a long way to Tipperary”, that explains in verse the evolutionary development of vertebrates.
- amphioxus (cephalochordate group) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia
- amphioxus (cephalochordate group), any of certain members of the invertebrate subphylum Cephalochordata of the phylum Chordata.
- Amphioxus: a peaceful anchovy fillet to illuminate Chordate
- Illustrated article on amphioxus, a species which occupies a central place in evolutionary thoughts when considering the origin of vertebrates.
Amphioxus is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Amphioxus books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.