- The amazing amphioxus: Evolutionary leap over 500 million years ago gives new
- Dr Ferrier, of The Scottish Oceans Institute at St Andrews, added, “Amphioxus is proving to be an excellent animal with which to understand various aspects of the evolution of vertebrate genomes, including the human genome.
- Lancelet genome shows how genes quadrupled during vertebrate evolution
- "Amphioxus and humans had a common ancestor 550 million years ago, which allows us to use amphioxus as a surrogate for that ancestor in terms of understanding how vertebrate genomes evolved," said Daniel S. Rokhsar, a faculty member in the ...
- Lancelet (amphioxus) genome and the origin of vertebrates
- Those of you who took high school biology may remember the lancelet, also known as the amphioxus.
- Songs about science VII: 'It's a long way from Amphioxus'
- Why should you care about amphioxus?
Amphioxus is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Amphioxus books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searcheswormhole traversable wormholes
medieval climate optimum
lens optics lens construction
battleship potemkin uprising history
university of georgia statistics