A selection of articles related to amphipolis.
Original articles from our library related to the Amphipolis. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Amphipolis.
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 17
- Chapter 17 17:1 Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews: 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, 17:3...
New Testament >> The Acts
Amphipolis is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Amphipolis books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- THE LIFE OF THUCYDIDES by Marcellinus Translated by W.B. Allen
- Amphipolis, “a great possession” for the Athenians. He was able to save Eion by hastening there; but he utterly lost. Amphipolis.
- Thucydides V
- proximity to Amphipolis and sources of timber and Eion but lost Amphipolis ( e.g., 4.
- Bishop Basil of Amphipolis retired from leading the Vicariate in October.
Suggested News Resources
- SAVA - Anche un angolo culturale per Calici di Stelle edizione 2011
- “L'edizione 2011 di “Calici di Stelle” offre anche uno spazio di approfondimento culturale nella serata di mercoledì (10 agosto). Nella sala Amphipolis del palazzo municipale, a partire dalle ore 20, saranno infatti presentati due interessanti libri.
Suggested Web Resources
- Amphipolis (BiblePlaces.com)
- Pictures and text illuminating the biblical site of Amphipolis, Greece.
- Amphipolis (Ennea Hodoi)
- Human occupation of the area of Amphipolis dates back to prehistoric times.
- Amphipolis was founded in 437 BC by the Athenians.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.