A selection of articles related to amphipolis.
Original articles from our library related to the Amphipolis. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Amphipolis.
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 17
- Chapter 17 17:1 Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews: 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, 17:3...
New Testament >> The Acts
Amphipolis is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Amphipolis books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Amphipolis Tomb Confirmed to Belong to the Era of Alexander the Great
- A detailed frieze depicting a warrior wearing a distinctive Macedonian harness and the weapons of the dead leading a funeral procession is a clear indication of the era. The discovery was made on Friday, almost 20 moths after unearthing his tomb.
- Who will save Amphipolis?
- A team of archaeologists are scrambling to rescue the precious artifacts found inside the Amphipolis Tomb in northern Greece, which dates to the era of Alexander the Great, as the site is threatened by landslides.
- Amphipolis tomb was dedicated to companion of Alexander, experts say
- The tomb at Amphipolis, some 60 kilometres (37 miles) from the northern city of Serres, is the largest ever discovered in the country.
- Did the Amphipolis Tomb Commemorate Hephaistion?
- The archaeological team responsible for the recent excavation campaigns at the Amphipolis Tomb gave a lecture on 30th September 2015 in which they presented evidence which they argued indicates that the monument was built on the orders of Alexander ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesptanque glossary of special terms
cockneys cockney culture
jousting two primary types of jousts