- Mission space food: Sugar-growing bacteria go into orbit
- The linchpin is a type of plankton called Anabaena, which uses photosynthesis to make sugars from carbon dioxide, water and sunlight. Rothschild's team has tweaked the microbe's genes so that it excretes some of the sugars to provide a food source for ...
- Space bacteria may be used to make astronaut food
- The organisms in the study will be a strain of cyanobacteria called Anabaena. Cyanobacteria are a group of bacteria that sustain themselves with photosynthesis, just like plants. They're sometimes called blue-green algae, but they're bacteria.
- Liver toxin from blue-green algae found in Dublin Road water treatment plant
- Last year, the city spent nearly $1 million to treat water at Hap Cremean after another type of algae — anabaena — fouled the supply and caused the water to smell and taste weird.
- Sugar-Producing Bacteria To Be Tested in Space as Food Source for Astronauts
- That's a cool-sounding name for a genetically tweaked plankton called Anabaena, and it uses photosynthesis to create sugar from carbon dioxide, water and sunlight, then excretes a little of it, which can be harvested for use. Yum.
- Algae dying, but Silver Lake still dangerous
- Though levels of Microcystis wesenbergii -- a potentially dangerous blue-green alga -- were lower, water tests revealed Anabaena, another type of alga. Combined, the density of the two algae was 630,000 cells per milliliter -- down from 2.
Anabaena is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Anabaena books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
number names systems of numerals
tiger shark reproduction
hilario davide jr personal life
ai otsuka live tour