A selection of articles related to anaconda plan.
Original articles from our library related to the Anaconda Plan. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Anaconda Plan.
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 3
- WAKE UP, GET DRESSED & MOVE OUT The search for Truth and meaning that occasionally marked the philosophies of the ancient world, appears to be in a state of serious decline in the present day. In our institutions of psychology and philosophy, there is...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- What are the names for the thirteen moons of the year?
- There are thirteen Lunar months in the year, the Full Moon is near the mid point of the Lunar Month. The Lunar Moons listed here may not always occur as given because the first New Moon of a new Lunar Year may not coincide with the first day of the first...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- The Pagan Roots of Democracy
- I stepped into the voting booth with civic pride and religious inspiration. The pastors urged the congregation to renew America and vote for a good Christian man, Ronald Reagan. I voted a straight Republican ticket. Those godless Democrats were no better than...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Wiccan Mysteries
- My best friend asked, "So explain this Wiccan Mystery to me about drums". Now I have never equated the term Wiccan Mystery and drums together before. I have been working on some Mysteries this week, coincidentally. Actually, some of the God...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Egyptian Temples, part III: God's Home
- The cult temple in ancient Egypt was more than a place of worship. It was the home of the god, it was believed the deity took up residence in the building and used it more or less for all those various purposes as humans did. It was the place he was given...
Religions >> Egyptian
Anaconda Plan is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Anaconda Plan books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Civil War #1 web
- was nicknamed the “Anaconda Plan” because of its sim- ilarity to the snake's ability to Lincoln endorsed the idea, and the Anaconda Plan was put into motion.
- Lesson 2: Primarily Primary Class Notes 2: Teacher Edition I. Union
- They called it the Anaconda Plan . Why did they call it that? It was designed to strangle the life out of its victim, the Confederacy.
- Segment 6-3.pub
- strong; in spite of initial ridicule, his Anaconda plan to split the south and squeeze the Confederacy like a snake was ultimately adopted.
- Grant's Prowess at the Battle of Shiloh
- The Union battle plan, the Anaconda Plan, was a strategy to cut off the Confederate trade and supply routes. They gave it the name.
- Fort Donelson - Just who is running the show?
- means”1. This strategy of envelopment was to be called the Anaconda Plan. Northern Anaconda Plan showed a reluctance by him to invade his native state .
Suggested News Resources
- Squeezing the South into Submission
- President Lincoln had approved the blockade, known as the “Anaconda Plan,” in April.
- Today In Florida history...
- The blockade during the Civil War, first proposed as "The Anaconda Plan" by General Wifred Scott, was cruelly effective. Some simple everyday items like soap and thimbles became very expensive or just unavailable. Many in the South had to do without.
- Civil War buffs discuss Lincoln's blockade
- Lincoln's strategy called the Anaconda Plan. One of the first ports studied was Hampton Roads, Craghead said. There would have to be imports that would have to be brought in through the blockade and the Confederacy would rely on the imports.
Suggested Web Resources
- Anaconda Plan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Anaconda Plan is the name widely applied to an outline strategy for subduing the seceding states in the American Civil War.
- The Anaconda Plan
- Mar 26, 2005 The Anaconda Plan "Winfield Scott's original plan fighting the rebellion".
- Anaconda Plan
- The press, recalling McClellan's alleged "boa-constrictor" remark, named the plan after a different constricting snake, the anaconda.
- Anaconda Plan, The Anaconda Plan, Winfield Scott
- The Anaconda Plan was the Union?s strategic plan aimed at strangling the rebellion, squeezing the very breath out of the rowdy upstarts.
- What was the Anaconda Plan
- The Anaconda Plan was drawn up by General Winfield Scott to end the American Civil War in favor of the North.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.