- Je lot in eigen handen – karma, de praktijk
- Dat is dit concept van paticca-samuppada; allerlei andere concepten zoals anatman (zelfloosheid), de vier Edele Waarheden en het Achtvoudig Pad zijn hiervan afgeleid of op zijn minst een equivalente formulering.
- Seeing Things as They Are
- This is often the first question that lurks behind any new undertaking. But when it comes to spiritual practice—and Buddhist practice in particular—it's a question bathed in irony.
- Religious, Spiritual, and “None of the Above”: How Did Mindfulness Get So Big?
- Anatta/anatman means not-self, rather than no-self, and refers to the nature of "phenomena"; Buddhism's lokuttara magga/lokottara marga (transcendental or supramundane path) includes liberative insights into this.
- Meet the men taking up arms to protect the Middle East's ancient treasures
- Leptis Magna was deserted when I last visited — no wonder. Tourists daren't visit Libya these days and so I had the ruins to myself. I climbed the steps of the vast Roman theatre, looked out to where the Wadi Lebda meets the sea, then stopped.
- To Be Guided by Moon and Flower
- All things are anatman, and any attempt to hold on to something in the ever-changing world as if it does not and will not change will either create defilements in the mind or give them the fuel they need to continue to affect us.
Anatman is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Anatman books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
apostolic faith mission periodicals
dream symbol quadruplets
three men in a boat summary
comparative advantage example 3