A selection of articles related to ancient cultures.
Original articles from our library related to the Ancient Cultures. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Ancient Cultures.
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Ancient Goddess Barbi: Historical Views from the Year 5000
- (Author's Note: Read this only if you consider laughter a sincere form of worship!) In the year 5000, historians will seek to patch together traces of the past, to discover what life was like in today's current era. Here's one humorous view of what they might...
Paganism & Wicca >> Humor
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- History of Egyptian Medicine and Philosophy
- When medical knowledge past is considered, lack of aseptic technique, pain-killing drugs and antibiotics are an accepted part of our modern legend of these ancient healing practices. You will find that none of this is true when it comes to Ancient Egypt....
Religions >> Egyptian
- Magick in Ancient Egypt
- "O Isis great enchantress, free me, release me from all evil red things, from the fever of the god and the fever of the goddess. From death, and deathfrom pain, and the pain that comes over me; as though hast freed, as thou hast released thy son Horus,...
History & Anthropology >> Egyptian
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Ancient Cultures is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ancient Cultures books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Ancient Egyptian tomb shows Nubian woman buried Nubian style as two cultures met
- An ancient grave from a middle-class tomb just east of the Nile River has revealed the complex blending of cultures that emerged when a colonizing power and indigenous people came together. The Egyptian tomb, in what was Upper Nubia, holds a woman ...
- Ancient Cultures Inspire Current Adaptations in the Andes
- On 24 February, GlacierHub's managing editor, Ben Orlove, gave a talk titled “Bodies, Objects, and Power in Andean Landscapes and Waterscapes” at the Lowe Art Museum at the University of Miami.
- Finds reveal how ancient Egyptian and Nubian cultures blended
- In a paper published in American Anthropologist, Michele Buzon of Purdue University and Smith explore cultural identity and transformation in the ancient village of Tombos in what is now northern Sudan. "Entanglement and the Formation of Ancient Nubian ...
- Archaeology center adds ancient culture to heritage festival
- Camp Verde Spring Heritage, Pecan & Wine Festival-goers can expect the Verde Valley Archaeology Center to make an impact. For the fifth year, Camp Verde Spring Heritage, Pecan & Wine Festival-goers can expect the Verde Valley Archaeology Center to ...
- Shen Yun's 'Loving Compassion' Is Keeping Ancient Culture Alive
- “It's sad they can't do this in their own country and in their own culture,” said Ms. Henske. “I felt empathy and compassion” because of their circumstances.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Ancient Cultures Topics
Related searchespriority year
bank types of retail bank
hanoi places of interest
peter lavrovitch lavrov