Ancient Greek Geographers
A selection of articles related to ancient greek geographers.
Original articles from our library related to the Ancient Greek Geographers. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Ancient Greek Geographers.
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Ancient Goddess Barbi: Historical Views from the Year 5000
- (Author's Note: Read this only if you consider laughter a sincere form of worship!) In the year 5000, historians will seek to patch together traces of the past, to discover what life was like in today's current era. Here's one humorous view of what they might...
Paganism & Wicca >> Humor
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- An Overview of Greek Gods and Goddesses
- The Twelve Olympians were the main gods and goddesses in Greek mythology. They resided in Mount Olympus and actually totals to fourteen Olympians but never more than twelve in a time.
Religion & Philosophy >> Deities & Heros
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- A History Of Dreaming - From Ancient Egypt To Modern Day
- Dreams have been an important part of the human experince since time immemorial. Fragments of the earliest books come from Egypt, where dreams were considered to be the messages sent from the gods. The Egyptians divided their dreams into three categories: 1....
Parapsychology >> Dreams
Ancient Greek Geographers is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ancient Greek Geographers books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Lesson 1 The Geography of Greece
- World History: Ancient Civilizations. Chapter 11: Ancient Greece. Chapter 11: Ancient Greece.
- NAME PERIOD ______ MS
- Mod ______ Ms. Pojer Euro. Civ.
- Geography of Ancient Greece Handout 1 At the same time that the
- Geography of Ancient Greece. Handout 1.
Suggested News Resources
- Fighting words: Google, Iran spar over Gulf's name
- As far back as the ancient Greek geographers Strabo and Ptolemy, it was known as the Persian Gulf or some variation of it. The 10th-century CE Arabic Christian writer Agapius did the same.
Suggested Web Resources
- Category:Ancient Greek geographers - Wikipedia, the free
- Pages in category "Ancient Greek geographers". The following 32 pages are in this category, out of 32 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- Geography of Greece - Ancient Greek Geography
- Basic information on the geography of ancient Greece.
- Geography - Ancient Greece for Kids
- Three thousand years ago, it was very difficult to get from place to place in ancient Greece by walking.
- Ancient Greece - Geography of the Ancient Greek World and
- Information on Ancient Greece Geography. The capital of Greece took its name from the goddess Athena, the goddess of wisdom and knowledge.
- Category:Ancient Greek geographers - Wikimedia Commons
- May 6, 2009 Category:Ancient Greek geographers. From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.