Ancient Greek Religion
A selection of articles related to ancient greek religion.
Original articles from our library related to the Ancient Greek Religion. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Ancient Greek Religion.
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Aspects of Religion: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- Among early Pagans, religion was a fact taken for granted, "requiring no explanation." There was no need to define religion because religion was a part of each persons being. "We have not yet encountered in Egyptian and Babylonian literature a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- The Ancient Goddess Barbi: Historical Views from the Year 5000
- (Author's Note: Read this only if you consider laughter a sincere form of worship!) In the year 5000, historians will seek to patch together traces of the past, to discover what life was like in today's current era. Here's one humorous view of what they might...
Paganism & Wicca >> Humor
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
Ancient Greek Religion is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ancient Greek Religion books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Battling the Gods: Atheism in the Ancient World review – disbelief has been
- It is an academic commonplace to distinguish between the “orthopraxy” of Graeco-Roman religion – the focus on collective rituals, sacrifices and festivals – and the “orthodoxy” of modern monotheistic religions. No ancient Greek or Roman ever recited a ...
- Do you know where pasta began?
- Because pasta in its most basic form is a simple blend of flour and water, a humble recipe for noodles was nothing to write home about, perhaps, and ancient documents recording its history are difficult to find. However, we do ...
- Beads Found in 3400-year-old Nordic Graves Were Made by King Tut's Glassmaker
- Stunning glass beads found in Danish Bronze Age burials dating to 3400 years ago turn out to have come from ancient Egypt – in fact, from the workshop that made the blue beads buried with the famous boy-king Tutankhamun. The discovery ...
- Chekhov goes to Greek school
- Chekhov was born in Taganrog, a city that was once the ancient Greek colony of Taiganion on the sea of Azov, and was re-colonised by Greek refugees fleeing the Ottoman Empire in the 18th century. ...
- What Is Kabbalah Or Kabbalists? Is This Biblical?
- The word Kabbalah means “to receive” and in this case, it is the receiving of the ancient wisdom that the Jews have long since held onto by tradition. ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.