A selection of articles related to ancient greeks.
Original articles from our library related to the Ancient Greeks. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Ancient Greeks.
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Ancient Goddess Barbi: Historical Views from the Year 5000
- (Author's Note: Read this only if you consider laughter a sincere form of worship!) In the year 5000, historians will seek to patch together traces of the past, to discover what life was like in today's current era. Here's one humorous view of what they might...
Paganism & Wicca >> Humor
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- History of Egyptian Medicine and Philosophy
- When medical knowledge past is considered, lack of aseptic technique, pain-killing drugs and antibiotics are an accepted part of our modern legend of these ancient healing practices. You will find that none of this is true when it comes to Ancient Egypt....
Religions >> Egyptian
- Magick in Ancient Egypt
- "O Isis great enchantress, free me, release me from all evil red things, from the fever of the god and the fever of the goddess. From death, and deathfrom pain, and the pain that comes over me; as though hast freed, as thou hast released thy son Horus,...
History & Anthropology >> Egyptian
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
Ancient Greeks is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ancient Greeks books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- The Hell of Tartarus, Ancient Greek Prison of the Damned
- In Greek mythology, Tartarus is the name both of a deity and of a place. The deity by the name of Tartarus is a primordial being that existed before the Olympian gods, and their predecessors, the Titans.
- Ancient Greece comes alive at Prep
- Through costumes, drama, dance and food, ancient Greece came alive last week thanks to the efforts of some George Town students. Cayman Prep and High School Year 5 students put on an action-packed Greek Day on March 9 to wrap up their study this ...
- Why, if the ancient Greeks had die-cut coins, did we take so long to invent
- We know that in ancient Rome and Greece they had die-stamped coins. Why then did it take until the 15th century for mankind to invent the printing press? Kris Jones, London, W14.
- Martin Luther King Jr. and the ancient Greeks
- These considerations of ancient Greece and Rome, in what would be King's final speech, speak to his close engagement with the Classics throughout his writings. As one whose courses consider how classical ideas have contributed to public dialogue in the ...
- Chicago Museum Shines Light on Ancient Greece
- Many of us encountered ancient Greece in a Western Civilization classes, or perhaps we read Homer's epic poems, Iliad and Odyssey, in English class. Those long-ago lessons in the foundations of democracy and Western thought spring back to life as you ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.