A selection of articles related to ancient india.
Original articles from our library related to the Ancient India. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Ancient India.
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Ancient Goddess Barbi: Historical Views from the Year 5000
- (Author's Note: Read this only if you consider laughter a sincere form of worship!) In the year 5000, historians will seek to patch together traces of the past, to discover what life was like in today's current era. Here's one humorous view of what they might...
Paganism & Wicca >> Humor
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
Ancient India is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ancient India books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Ancient India
- This second grade history unit about ancient India begins by having students compare and contrast today's society with that of the Indian society 4000 years ago.
- Science in Ancient India
- Science in Ancient India. Subhash C. Kak.
- Republic in Ancient India
- argue that the system in ancient India was closer to a republic than a monarchy, weak in understanding the system which was prevalent in ancient India.
- Hospitals in Ancient India
- 1. Hospitals in Ancient India. By DP Agrawal & Pankaj Goyal.
- Summary: Ancient India
- Summary: Ancient India. Name. Date.
Suggested News Resources
- RS Sharma, authority on ancient India, dead
- His PhD on Shudras in Ancient India under Arthur Llewellyn Basham at the School of Oriental and African Studies in the 1950s had become something of a rage.
- Healthy Manhattan: Thinking About Becoming a Reiki Practitioner?
- Reiki (pronounced "ray-key") is a therapy tracing back more than 2500 years to ancient India and Tibet, and there are some who believe it has its roots in the healing arts of the Egyptians.
- Ashwin Sanghi on a high
- The book is a fictional retelling of the life of Chanakya, the great political strategist of ancient India.
- Prof RS Sharma
- Quite naturally, given his basic ideas, he turned to the issues of caste, his first book in English being Some Economic Aspects of the Caste System in Ancient India, 1952.
- Samskritam Exhibition begins
- The exhibition depicts modern science and inventions in ancient India. More than 300 items used in day-to-day life are also displayed with Sanskrit names.
Suggested Web Resources
- Ancient India - The British Museum
- Explore the people, culture, beliefs, and history of ancient India using animations, 3D models and objects from The British Museum's collections.
- Ancient India for Kids
- Aug 17, 2011 Ancient India for Kids - Ancient India Homework Help for Middle School Social Studies.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.