A selection of articles related to ancient inscriptions.
Original articles from our library related to the Ancient Inscriptions. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Ancient Inscriptions.
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Ancient Goddess Barbi: Historical Views from the Year 5000
- (Author's Note: Read this only if you consider laughter a sincere form of worship!) In the year 5000, historians will seek to patch together traces of the past, to discover what life was like in today's current era. Here's one humorous view of what they might...
Paganism & Wicca >> Humor
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- History of Egyptian Medicine and Philosophy
- When medical knowledge past is considered, lack of aseptic technique, pain-killing drugs and antibiotics are an accepted part of our modern legend of these ancient healing practices. You will find that none of this is true when it comes to Ancient Egypt....
Religions >> Egyptian
- Magick in Ancient Egypt
- "O Isis great enchantress, free me, release me from all evil red things, from the fever of the god and the fever of the goddess. From death, and deathfrom pain, and the pain that comes over me; as though hast freed, as thou hast released thy son Horus,...
History & Anthropology >> Egyptian
- Ancient Egyptian Wisdom
- FROM THE BOOK OF THE DEAD "Hail to thee, great lord of justice. I have come to you, my lord, that thou may bring me so that I may see your beauty, for I know thou and I know your name, and I know the names of the fourty-two Gods of those who are with...
Religions >> Egyptian
Ancient Inscriptions is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ancient Inscriptions books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- On Reading Ancient Inscriptions:
- On Reading Ancient Inscriptions: The Monumental Aramaic Stele. Fragment from Tel Dan. AARON DEMSKY.
- Digital Labs: Drawing Ancient Inscriptions. Kyle McCarter, Professor, Near Eastern Studies Department. The Issue.
- X-ray Fluorescence Recovers Writing from Ancient Inscriptions
- X-ray Fluorescence Recovers Writing from Ancient Inscriptions. J. Powers, N.
Suggested News Resources
- Relics of religious tolerance
- The name "Gandhari" is mentioned in the Rig Veda and ancient inscriptions dating back to the Achaemenians of Persia. The Behistun inscription listing the territories of King Darius (519BC) includes Gandhara along with Bactria and Thatagush.
- Rendering water unto Caesarea
- One can walk, or drive, alongside a few hundred meters of lofty stone arches, replete with ancient inscriptions, cornices and various passageways.
- How to enjoy Thai food and stick to your diet
- as much as we hate being a killjoy, eating at home would be the most prudent choice. After having spent years studying ancient inscriptions, Leela recently came to realize that she would rather write about food than decipher old chicken scratch.
Suggested Web Resources
- Digitization Project Brings Ancient Inscriptions Into 21st Century
- Jul 31, 2011 How the Smithsonian turned a huge collection of squeezes -- the largest outside of Iran and Iraq -- into an easy-to-use Web resource.
- Early Telugu epigraphy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- 1 Ancient Inscriptions. 1.1 Vishnukundina; 1.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.