A selection of articles related to ancient languages.
Original articles from our library related to the Ancient Languages. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Ancient Languages.
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Ancient Goddess Barbi: Historical Views from the Year 5000
- (Author's Note: Read this only if you consider laughter a sincere form of worship!) In the year 5000, historians will seek to patch together traces of the past, to discover what life was like in today's current era. Here's one humorous view of what they might...
Paganism & Wicca >> Humor
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- Story of the Celts: Who are the Celts?
- The ancient Celts were a group of culturally similar peoples who once occupied most of central and western Europe, north of the Greco-Roman world. Perhaps the most common cultural characteristic of the ancient Celts were the Celtic languages, a branch of the...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Magick in Ancient Egypt
- "O Isis great enchantress, free me, release me from all evil red things, from the fever of the god and the fever of the goddess. From death, and deathfrom pain, and the pain that comes over me; as though hast freed, as thou hast released thy son Horus,...
History & Anthropology >> Egyptian
- History of Egyptian Medicine and Philosophy
- When medical knowledge past is considered, lack of aseptic technique, pain-killing drugs and antibiotics are an accepted part of our modern legend of these ancient healing practices. You will find that none of this is true when it comes to Ancient Egypt....
Religions >> Egyptian
Ancient Languages is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ancient Languages books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Far Cry Primal Interview: How Ubisoft Brought Ancient Languages Back To Life
- It's called Proto-Indo-European, and Ubisoft hired Andrew and Brenna Byrd to lead the team of linguists who brought ancient language into Far Cry Primal.
- Arabic 2.0: Toronto app aims to modernize how an ancient language is taught
- With the recent influx of refugees from the Middle East, there's a renewed interest in Arabic language and culture. Arabic is one of the oldest languages in the world, dating back to at least the 6th century.
- Rubin co-edits first reference on ancient and modern Jewish languages
- A publication co-edited by Aaron Rubin, the Malvin E. and Lea P. Bank Professor of Jewish Studies, Classics and Ancient Mediterranean Studies, and Linguistics at Penn State, is the first reference to be published on ancient and modern Jewish languages.
- How to make the most of the language requirement
- “Learning ancient languages is particularly good for the brain,” said Daniel Harris-McCoy, assistant professor of classics. “Because English is based on Greek and Latin, learning these languages will help you do better on the GRE, MCAT and LSAT exams.
- The Moving Story Of An African Language On The Brink Of Extinction
- Directed by young filmmaker Davison Mudzingwa, and presented by South African-based Mvura Ya Afrika (MYA) Productions, the film is a call to save indigenous languages. “This is a story of hope and revival of the ancient and endangered N!uu language of ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Ancient Languages Topics
Related searchesfamily relationships
canada aboriginal peoples
pyrimethamine mechanism of action