A selection of articles related to ancient languages.
Original articles from our library related to the Ancient Languages. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Ancient Languages.
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Ancient Goddess Barbi: Historical Views from the Year 5000
- (Author's Note: Read this only if you consider laughter a sincere form of worship!) In the year 5000, historians will seek to patch together traces of the past, to discover what life was like in today's current era. Here's one humorous view of what they might...
Paganism & Wicca >> Humor
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- Story of the Celts: Who are the Celts?
- The ancient Celts were a group of culturally similar peoples who once occupied most of central and western Europe, north of the Greco-Roman world. Perhaps the most common cultural characteristic of the ancient Celts were the Celtic languages, a branch of the...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Magick in Ancient Egypt
- "O Isis great enchantress, free me, release me from all evil red things, from the fever of the god and the fever of the goddess. From death, and deathfrom pain, and the pain that comes over me; as though hast freed, as thou hast released thy son Horus,...
History & Anthropology >> Egyptian
- History of Egyptian Medicine and Philosophy
- When medical knowledge past is considered, lack of aseptic technique, pain-killing drugs and antibiotics are an accepted part of our modern legend of these ancient healing practices. You will find that none of this is true when it comes to Ancient Egypt....
Religions >> Egyptian
Ancient Languages is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ancient Languages books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- COMPARISON OF CONTEMPORARY AND ANCIENT LANGUAGES
- the structure in some ancient languages is questionable. Short and The problem of some ancient languages, like e.g.
- Department of Ancient Languages
- Department of Ancient Languages. Ancient Culture Studies. Faculty of Humanities www.
- Certificate/Diploma in Ancient Languages Department of Ancient
- Certificate/Diploma in Ancient Languages. Department of Ancient History. Macquarie University.
- The Learning of Ancient Languages as (super)Human Effort
- Sep 4, 2009 Problems around teaching ancient languages are discussed.
Suggested News Resources
- Opinion: Learning another language promotes understanding all over the world
- And we want our tennis players to speak the beautiful and ancient languages of their gracious hosts. Gene A. Budig is the former chancellor/president of three major state universities and past president of baseball's American League.
- Faithful learning
- By KRISTEN NUSS (knuss@sungazette.
- Heat treatment aims to keep ancients alive
- A spokesman said the college wanted to "secure the long-term future of Classics" amid falling interest in the subject, adding that degrees would continue in classical studies and ancient history, including ancient languages.
- The Thistle And Shamrock: Listening Westward
- It is wild fiddle music and singing in the ancient languages of the Gael. At its heart is tradition; at its soul innovation. The Ni Dhomhnaill sisters, Altan, Capercaillie, Martin Hayes, and The Peatbog Fairies take us westward.
- Raising a 'Bump' on stage at Theatre Project
- Powers did not come to Hopkins to become a playwright, but to study ancient languages and civilizations. "I'm a Latinist," he said. "I majored in Classics — Greek and Latin.
Suggested Web Resources
- Category:Ancient languages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Pages in category "Ancient languages". The following 77 pages are in this category, out of 77 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- Extinct Languages - MultiTree
- A Digital Library of Language Relationships .
- Ancient Language - Inheriwiki - Inheritance, Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr
- The Ancient Language was at one time the language of all beings in Alagaësia, but was later used onl.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.