A selection of articles related to ancient mayan.
Original articles from our library related to the Ancient Mayan. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Ancient Mayan.
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Ancient Goddess Barbi: Historical Views from the Year 5000
- (Author's Note: Read this only if you consider laughter a sincere form of worship!) In the year 5000, historians will seek to patch together traces of the past, to discover what life was like in today's current era. Here's one humorous view of what they might...
Paganism & Wicca >> Humor
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- Magick in Ancient Egypt
- "O Isis great enchantress, free me, release me from all evil red things, from the fever of the god and the fever of the goddess. From death, and deathfrom pain, and the pain that comes over me; as though hast freed, as thou hast released thy son Horus,...
History & Anthropology >> Egyptian
- History of Egyptian Medicine and Philosophy
- When medical knowledge past is considered, lack of aseptic technique, pain-killing drugs and antibiotics are an accepted part of our modern legend of these ancient healing practices. You will find that none of this is true when it comes to Ancient Egypt....
Religions >> Egyptian
- Gods of Ancient Wales and the Celtic Britons
- A common temptation is to think that civilization reached Great Britain through the vehicle of Roman occupation. But Celtic civilization existed in Britain centuries before the Latins' arrival, and before the Celts, societies existed in Britain sophisticated...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Ancient Mayan is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ancient Mayan books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Ancient Maya Culture - Lonely Planet
- Ancient. Mayan Culture Dr Allen J Christenson.
- Ancient Maya Reckoning Glyph Names Compared to Ancient Egyptian
- Compared to Ancient Egyptian.
Suggested News Resources
- One poor jobs report won't cause the world to end
- Is the ancient Mayan prophecy of worldwide destruction in 2012 coming true? The jury is still out on the 5000-year-old Mayan Long Count calendar, but it's OK to relax a bit when it comes to digesting month-to-month employment statistics.
- Magical Wedding Ceremony Set in Ancient Mayan Temple Set for 12.12.12
- SAN PEDRO, Belize, Aug. 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- December 2012 will mark the end of the 5126 year era of the Mayan Calendar and is a time of renewal, rebirth, renaissance and new beginnings.
- New Xcalacoco Experience Kicks Off the 2012 Mayan Renaissance Celebration
- Guests are welcomed to participate in all the celebratory events of the Xcalacoco Experience and additional activities that embrace the environment and ancient Mayan culture of the region.
- 10 Best Movies Where Humanity Gets Its Comeuppance
- The crux of 2012 is not man-made per se, but based on the theory of the Mayan Apocalypse, which says the world will end on the day the ancient Mayan calendar ends: December 21, 2012.
Suggested Web Resources
- Maya civilization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Many consider Maya art of their Classic Era (c. 250 to 900 AD) to be the most sophisticated and beautiful of the ancient New World.
- Ancient Mayan by History Link 101
- Links to Art, Daily Life, Maps, Pictures and Research on Ancient Mayans designed for a World History Classes.
- Ancient Mayan
- The Ancient Mayan lived in the Yucatán around 2600 B.C.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.