A selection of articles related to ancient myths.
Original articles from our library related to the Ancient Myths. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Ancient Myths.
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- The Ancient Goddess Barbi: Historical Views from the Year 5000
- (Author's Note: Read this only if you consider laughter a sincere form of worship!) In the year 5000, historians will seek to patch together traces of the past, to discover what life was like in today's current era. Here's one humorous view of what they might...
Paganism & Wicca >> Humor
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- History of Egyptian Medicine and Philosophy
- When medical knowledge past is considered, lack of aseptic technique, pain-killing drugs and antibiotics are an accepted part of our modern legend of these ancient healing practices. You will find that none of this is true when it comes to Ancient Egypt....
Religions >> Egyptian
Ancient Myths is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ancient Myths books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- What's the Worst Retelling of Ancient Mythology You've Ever Seen?
- This weekend, Gods of Egypt arrives, and it's already looking pre-mummified. But this is by no means the first time someone has made an uninspired, boring, or just plain dreadful retelling of classical mythology.
- 15 Ancient Childbirth Myths That'll Make You Glad You're a Mom Now
- We've all heard our fair share of questionable old wives' tales regarding pregnancy and childbirth, but chances are you haven't heard some of the craziest commonly held beliefs about having babies from ancient times!
- The Real 'Gods of Egypt': Photos
- The fantasy adventure film "Gods of Egypt," opening this week, is a visually bold popcorn movie that takes its inspiration from ancient Egyptian mythology.
- Seattle's Cabiri invites you into a world of myths, aerial arts & puppetry
- Founder and Artistic Director John Murphy is passionate about the Cabiri's use of non-traditional theatrical arts to depict tales from ancient mythology, a craft the troupe has honed in the Pacific Northwest for nearly two decades.
- Exposing the Secret History of Giants and the Underground Hyperborean Gallery
- Yeah it is, it's a book of myths, legends and semi historical tales, ideas and philosophies. It's the collected tales and beliefs of the people who wrote it. A lot of it has it's origins in ancient Sumer and Egypt.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Ancient Myths Topics
ohio state university history
obsolete scientific theories
muhammad ibn abd al wahhab reforms
isotopes of sulfur
weinreb ketone synthesis