A selection of articles related to ancient persia.
Original articles from our library related to the Ancient Persia. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Ancient Persia.
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Ancient Goddess Barbi: Historical Views from the Year 5000
- (Author's Note: Read this only if you consider laughter a sincere form of worship!) In the year 5000, historians will seek to patch together traces of the past, to discover what life was like in today's current era. Here's one humorous view of what they might...
Paganism & Wicca >> Humor
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- History of Egyptian Medicine and Philosophy
- When medical knowledge past is considered, lack of aseptic technique, pain-killing drugs and antibiotics are an accepted part of our modern legend of these ancient healing practices. You will find that none of this is true when it comes to Ancient Egypt....
Religions >> Egyptian
- Magick in Ancient Egypt
- "O Isis great enchantress, free me, release me from all evil red things, from the fever of the god and the fever of the goddess. From death, and deathfrom pain, and the pain that comes over me; as though hast freed, as thou hast released thy son Horus,...
History & Anthropology >> Egyptian
- Gods of Ancient Wales and the Celtic Britons
- A common temptation is to think that civilization reached Great Britain through the vehicle of Roman occupation. But Celtic civilization existed in Britain centuries before the Latins' arrival, and before the Celts, societies existed in Britain sophisticated...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Ancient Persia is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ancient Persia books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Map of Ancient Persia
- Can you find the ancient lands of Scheherazade and King Sharayar? Connect the dots to find the boundaries of Ancient.
- THE DEVELOPMENT OF LEADERS IN ANCIENT CHINA, ROME
- Comparing the above with the Persian system of education for leader- ship, the author uses the history of ancient Persia (6000 BCE - 65! CE).
- Ancient Persia - Modern lran
- 61 www.mircorp.com 1.
- From Ancient Persia to Contemporary Iran Spring 2011 Monday
- From Ancient Persia to Contemporary Iran. Spring 2011. Monday-Wednesday 2: 00 ~ 3:15 pm.
- 1010 THE EPIC OF KINGS HERO TALES OF ANCIENT PERSIA
- HERO TALES OF ANCIENT PERSIA. Firdawsi translated by Helen Zimmern. Firdawsi (Also Firdausi) (940-1020) - A Persian epic poet.
Suggested News Resources
- Sounds of Kurdistan with Aliakbar Moradi
- This performance will feature a series of sacred and secular pieces that demonstrate the unending beauty of ancient Persia.
- Iranian handmade carpet exports hit $138m
- business has been slow because of the global downturn, Iran is still the leading exporter of hand-woven carpets in the world. Carpet-weaving is one of the most distinguished manifestations of the Iranian art and culture, dating back to ancient Persia.
- Relics of religious tolerance
- Located on the northern Trunk Road, Gandhara was a centre of international trade linking ancient Persia, India and Central Asia. Gandhara is frequently mentioned in the epics Ramayana and Mahabharata.
- Tarragon: Its looks aren't much, but it's got flavor and is easy to grow
- Vinegar takes on a tarragon flavor if poured hot over the herb, then sealed into bottles for two or three weeks. And tarragon is a perfect accompaniment to fish.
- Does Smoke-Free Living Hurt Civility?
- One parlor owner is quoted as saying: Smoking a hookah is a centuries-old tradition that began in India and in ancient Persia, Patel said. Throughout history, smoking a hookah exemplified bonding and mutual understanding.
Suggested Web Resources
- Achaemenid Empire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- It was from this region that eventually Cyrus the Great (Cyrus II of Persia) . the ancient east, to become the vast Persian empire of which the ancient text speak.
- Persia - Explore the Ancient Web!
- Home; Explore The Map of the Ancient World Ancient Peru, The Ancient World of the Andes. Moche Portrait Vase of Warrior, 5th - 6th Century.
- Persia. A royal sphinx in the Archaeological Museum of Tehran. Photo Marco Prins.
- Introduction to Ancient Persia
- Introduction to Ancient Persia and the Persian Empire.
- Persian Empire for Kids!
- Jun 13, 2011 Persian Empire for Kids - Cyrus the Great, Cambyses, and Darius. Persians.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Ancient Persia Topics
soil ph ph and plant diseases
rhine smaller cities
sren kierkegaard abstraction