A selection of articles related to ancient religion.
Original articles from our library related to the Ancient Religion. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Ancient Religion.
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Aspects of Religion: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- Among early Pagans, religion was a fact taken for granted, "requiring no explanation." There was no need to define religion because religion was a part of each persons being. "We have not yet encountered in Egyptian and Babylonian literature a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Ancient Goddess Barbi: Historical Views from the Year 5000
- (Author's Note: Read this only if you consider laughter a sincere form of worship!) In the year 5000, historians will seek to patch together traces of the past, to discover what life was like in today's current era. Here's one humorous view of what they might...
Paganism & Wicca >> Humor
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
Ancient Religion is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ancient Religion books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Battling the Gods: Atheism in the Ancient World review – disbelief has been
- Tim Whitmarsh's brilliant new book about ancient atheism makes a compelling case that various forms of religious disbelief have been with us for the past two and a half millennia, with greater and lesser degrees of cultural prominence.
- Moran: Chinese culture is deeply rooted in religion and ancient philosophies
- Although these religions and ideologies exist in the U.S., our country is, for the most part, a Christian one.
- Atheism thrived in ancient world: Humans not 'wired' for religion
- Atheism is not a modern phenomenon and thrived in societies including ancient Greece and pre-Christian Rome, a University of Cambridge Professor has said. In his latest book, Battling The Gods, Tim Whitmarsh looks at how ancient people did not ...
- Disbelieve it or not, ancient history suggests atheism is as natural to humans
- Despite being written out of large parts of history, atheists thrived in the polytheistic societies of the ancient world – raising considerable doubts about whether humans really are “wired” for religion – a new study suggests.
- Hague court weighs destruction of Timbuktu religious sites
- Alkanis Cisse holds the remnants of an ancient Islamic manuscript burned by Islamist militants at the Ahmed Baba Centre for Islamic learning in Timbuktu, Mali, on July 25, 2013.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.