A selection of articles related to ancient religions.
Original articles from our library related to the Ancient Religions. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Ancient Religions.
- The Ancient Goddess Barbi: Historical Views from the Year 5000
- (Author's Note: Read this only if you consider laughter a sincere form of worship!) In the year 5000, historians will seek to patch together traces of the past, to discover what life was like in today's current era. Here's one humorous view of what they might...
Paganism & Wicca >> Humor
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- History of Egyptian Medicine and Philosophy
- When medical knowledge past is considered, lack of aseptic technique, pain-killing drugs and antibiotics are an accepted part of our modern legend of these ancient healing practices. You will find that none of this is true when it comes to Ancient Egypt....
Religions >> Egyptian
Ancient Religions is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ancient Religions books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Ancient religions
- Ancient religions / Sarah Iles Johnston, general editor. p. cm.
- ANCIENT RELIGIONS OF THE MEDITERRANEAN
- Walk Like an Egyptian — A modern guide to the philosophies and religion of ancient Egypt. http://eawc.evansville.
- World Religions, Theory & Ancient Religions, Reading Guide _RCC
- Theory & Ancient Religions. Required Reading: Molloy, Experiencing the World's Religions, Chapter 1. Epic of Gilgamesh.
- TRADITIONAL AND ANCIENT RELIGIONS:
- indigenous religions. The sun entering the chamber at. Newgrange on the winter Solstice reminds many of the ancient religion of Ireland.
- A Handbook of Ancient Religions - dgswilson.com|Home
- A Handbook of Ancient Religions. Ancient civilizations exercise an intense fascination for people the world over.
Suggested News Resources
- Spreading the HP Lovecraft love
- "It's interesting how you can connect the ancient religions of humanity to Lovecraft's invisible demons in the sky. His stories are actually very similar to religious ones. These stories, these myths, are linked together in a scary way.
- If God is a bad word we must change our laws
- Ancient religions often prayed to multiple “gods.” The establishment clause or the fact that our nation would not endorse a specific religion was done for a reason – the Church of England.
- A short history of a long rule
- But Christians should not be surprised at finding their moral truths in other ancient religions. In fact, it is precisely what they should expect to find, since God has left testimony about himself, as the Apostle Paul claimed, around the world.
- Impossible for all religions to be true and equal
- Are those ancient religions that promoted human sacrifice morally equal to the modern religions that recoil in horror at the very thought?
- For Muslim women, wearing a veil isn't oppression
- While most ancient religions have a common stance on the veil, it is only Islam which has kept up with the tradition. The Qur'anic injunction about the veil is a self-imposed mandate for Muslim women.
Suggested Web Resources
- Ancient religion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Ancient religion. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Jump to: navigation, search.
- World religions
- Aug 15, 2010 1 Neopagan faiths are modern-day reconstructions of ancient Pagan religions from various countries and eras.
- Religion of Mesopotamia - Ancient Mesopotamian Religion
- The beginning of religion and the development of gods and goddesses in ancient Mesopotamian.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Ancient Religions Topics
Related searchesproteus mirabilis characteristics
dangerous goods class 2 gases
inner self healing process
crime in washington dc tourist areas