Ancient Rome Monarchy
A selection of articles related to ancient rome monarchy.
Original articles from our library related to the Ancient Rome Monarchy. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Ancient Rome Monarchy.
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Ancient Goddess Barbi: Historical Views from the Year 5000
- (Author's Note: Read this only if you consider laughter a sincere form of worship!) In the year 5000, historians will seek to patch together traces of the past, to discover what life was like in today's current era. Here's one humorous view of what they might...
Paganism & Wicca >> Humor
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- A History Of Dreaming - From Ancient Egypt To Modern Day
- Dreams have been an important part of the human experince since time immemorial. Fragments of the earliest books come from Egypt, where dreams were considered to be the messages sent from the gods. The Egyptians divided their dreams into three categories: 1....
Parapsychology >> Dreams
- Magick in Ancient Egypt
- "O Isis great enchantress, free me, release me from all evil red things, from the fever of the god and the fever of the goddess. From death, and deathfrom pain, and the pain that comes over me; as though hast freed, as thou hast released thy son Horus,...
History & Anthropology >> Egyptian
- History of Egyptian Medicine and Philosophy
- When medical knowledge past is considered, lack of aseptic technique, pain-killing drugs and antibiotics are an accepted part of our modern legend of these ancient healing practices. You will find that none of this is true when it comes to Ancient Egypt....
Religions >> Egyptian
Ancient Rome Monarchy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ancient Rome Monarchy books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Leadership tips from ancient Rome
- said Dench, the McLean Professor of Ancient and Modern History and of the Classics in the Faculty of Arts and Sciences (FAS). “This is because the central question throughout Roman history is, 'What role does monarchy play?'” she said.
- The Art of Democracy
- In 540 BC, three Roman boys, Titus Tarquin, Arruns Tarquin, and their cousin Brutus – so dubbed because he was considered as dumb as a brute – were trekking to the Oracle at Delphi. Surely the oracle would predict that one of the Tarquin boys would be ...
- New Piece of a 2200-Year-Old Roman Puzzle Emerges, Bringing Together Ancient
- Maps are a useful modern tool, telling us how to get places, showing us where borders lie, and illustrating the distance between two places. While modern technology has made the creation of and access to maps something we don't think twice about, the ...
- 'Sicily - Culture and Conquest' at the British Museum: How a little kingdom
- A Catholic monarch, crowned in 1130 by the Pope, Roger dressed, conversed, sat and ate in Arab-Muslim fashion. He was the first Norman baron who, after toppling Sicily's ... that we don't have examples of in London.
- Tips, links and suggestions: what are you reading this week?
- I'm curious if any of you have other favourite ancient Greek and Roman authors or writers from Late Antiquity, or ones you particularly dislike. Among my favourites are Herodotus, Ammianus Marcellinus, published by Penguin as The Later Roman Empire AD ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.