A selection of articles related to ancient texts.
Original articles from our library related to the Ancient Texts. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Ancient Texts.
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Ancient Goddess Barbi: Historical Views from the Year 5000
- (Author's Note: Read this only if you consider laughter a sincere form of worship!) In the year 5000, historians will seek to patch together traces of the past, to discover what life was like in today's current era. Here's one humorous view of what they might...
Paganism & Wicca >> Humor
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- History of Egyptian Medicine and Philosophy
- When medical knowledge past is considered, lack of aseptic technique, pain-killing drugs and antibiotics are an accepted part of our modern legend of these ancient healing practices. You will find that none of this is true when it comes to Ancient Egypt....
Religions >> Egyptian
- Magick in Ancient Egypt
- "O Isis great enchantress, free me, release me from all evil red things, from the fever of the god and the fever of the goddess. From death, and deathfrom pain, and the pain that comes over me; as though hast freed, as thou hast released thy son Horus,...
History & Anthropology >> Egyptian
Ancient Texts is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ancient Texts books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Cognitive Poetics and Ancient Texts
- 18. HUGO LUNDHAUG. Cognitive Poetics and Ancient Texts.
- The Tears of Priam: Reflections on Troy and Teaching Ancient Texts
- The Tears of Priam: Reflections on. Troy and Teaching Ancient Texts. James J.
- Ancient Texts in Transit and Transitions in Renaissance Style
- Ancient Texts in Transit and Transitions in. Renaissance Style. 5:30 p.
- Bringing Modern Spell Checking Approaches to Ancient Texts
- Jul 29, 2011 Bringing Modern Spell Checking Approaches to Ancient Texts. Automatized Suggestions for Incomplete/Damaged Words.
- The Use of Ancient Texts to Test Hypotheses on the Seven Rays
- within the following seven ancient texts: Purusha Sukta, Myth of .
Suggested News Resources
- Putting hearts together at clubs
- The warmly lighted study is decorated with ancient-style Chinese furniture and filled with the fragrance of incense and Chinese tea, evoking the studies of scholars described in ancient texts.
- Text translations may change view of Bible's truth
- Remember, if we believe that every word is from God then what do we do if ancient texts show that God said something different in one text as compared to another?
- A DIFFERENT ORDER
- In all probability, such a show would include images such as those of the wizened hands of an old monk clasping rosary beads, young monks poring over ancient texts, tranquil scenes of prayer and meditation, and so on.
- A Sad Forbidden City
- About 100 ancient texts are said to have gone missing. The same month, the media reported that in 1973, the Forbidden City's management, in a bid to improve staff benefits, sold a number of historic items to employees for around fifty cents.
- Trying to make sense of the strange and wise woman
- Now, exegesis is the process by which one interprets the ancient texts of the Scriptures and makes sense of them for today.
Suggested Web Resources
- Academy for Ancient Texts. Ancient texts library.
- Jun 7, 2001 Academy for Ancient Texts. The world's largest library of on-line ancient texts.
- Ancient Texts Library
- Academy for Ancient Texts.
- Internet Sacred Text Archive Home
- Wisdom is priceless, the sacred-texts DVD-ROM is 99.95. Click here.
- Lost, Forgotten Books and Ancient Sacred Texts
- Lost, Forgotten Books and Ancient Sacred Texts. Although not considered canon, these ancient texts are part of the heritage of Judaism and Christianity.
- ANCIENT TEXTS
- Texts in Latin, Greek and English for use in Greek and Roman culture and history courses.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.