A selection of articles related to ancient women.
Original articles from our library related to the Ancient Women. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Ancient Women.
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Ancient Goddess Barbi: Historical Views from the Year 5000
- (Author's Note: Read this only if you consider laughter a sincere form of worship!) In the year 5000, historians will seek to patch together traces of the past, to discover what life was like in today's current era. Here's one humorous view of what they might...
Paganism & Wicca >> Humor
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- History of Egyptian Medicine and Philosophy
- When medical knowledge past is considered, lack of aseptic technique, pain-killing drugs and antibiotics are an accepted part of our modern legend of these ancient healing practices. You will find that none of this is true when it comes to Ancient Egypt....
Religions >> Egyptian
- Magick in Ancient Egypt
- "O Isis great enchantress, free me, release me from all evil red things, from the fever of the god and the fever of the goddess. From death, and deathfrom pain, and the pain that comes over me; as though hast freed, as thou hast released thy son Horus,...
History & Anthropology >> Egyptian
Ancient Women is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ancient Women books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- 2500-Year-Old Find Gives Rare Insight into Women's Roles in Ancient Israel
- JERUSALEM, Israel -- Israeli archaeologists recently discovered a rare 2,500-year-old seal during excavations inside the City of David.
- Tiye: One of the Most Influential Women of Ancient Egypt
- Her son Akhenaten, was one of the biggest causes of scandal during the pharaohs' time in Egypt. She was also a grandmother of Tutankhamun, and the sister of Ay. She was one of the most influential women of Ancient Egypt, nonetheless, her name had ...
- On women's day, PM draws inspiration from ancient Jerusalem
- During a Knesset event marking International Women's Day, Netanyahu referred to a 2,500-year-old seal belonging to a woman recently discovered outside of Jerusalem's Old City as proof of the longstanding tradition of Jewish women in positions of power.
- Could women in Ancient Rome hold any power?
- Largely excluded from education, the women of Ancient Rome were forever subject to their fathers and husbands, to the point of having no legal rights over their own children.
- 2500-year-old seal belonging to a woman unearthed in Jerusalem
- It's believed this seal is more than 2,500 years old and belonged to a woman described as "exceptional" or quite well-off in society at the time.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Ancient Women Topics
Related searchesquail species list
the ventures discography
dream symbol metal
neil armstrong private life
abbey bank history