A selection of articles related to andaman islands.
Original articles from our library related to the Andaman Islands. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Andaman Islands.
- God The Mother
- IN THE WESTERN WORLD, we are all familiar with the concept of a male god, whether the idea comes from Christianity, Judaism or Mohammedanism. When we think of a male god, at the back of our minds is a picture of an old man in the sky, who has a certain set of...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- On the heaviness of weight
- Mother goddesses of ancient cultures often are voluptuous figures with pronounced breasts and thighs. A successful nowadays paintress fills her canvasses with sensuous, joyful and overweight ladies, and everyone I’ve showed her pictures becomes happy and...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Crow Lore
- Crow Lore One Crow Sorrow Two Crows Joy Three Crows a Wedding Four Crows a Boy Five crows Silver Six Crows Gold Seven Crows a Secret Never to be told. poem contributed by firstname.lastname@example.org Crows have in many cultures, been a bird used in divination,...
Symbology >> Animals
- St. Patrick
- The arrival in Antrim of a young Caledonian slave named Succat would hardly seem worthy of historical note, but that slave became St. Patrick, patron saint of Ireland and the person responsible for opening the land to Christianity. Patrick began by converting...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- The Raven: Balancing Man and Nature
- "He likes bright abalone shells, silver beads, endless vittles, gossip and warm sleeps over the smoke hole. The Raven-ego is the lover-to-be who wants "a sure thing." The Raven-ego is afraid passion will end. He is afraid and tries to avoid the...
Symbology >> Animals
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Lavender: Solace and Majestic
- Lavender, the Herb of Air, My friend when I am in despair. I ask Earth's blessing to bestow, As I tend and watch you grow. Strong roots and dainty stems, Bring joy to life when pleasure dims. Wee green bud with purple top, All your uses never stop. From...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary L
Andaman Islands is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Andaman Islands books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Distribution of forest birds in the Andaman islands: importance of key
- Location The Andaman islands (India) in the Bay of Bengal. Andaman islands, conservation, forest birds, India, island biogeography, keystone habitat.
- Dream Destinations – Photography in Paradise: The Andaman Islands
- The Garden of Eden? When Marco Polo first set foot on The Andaman Islands several hundred years ago he assumed he had arrived in The Garden of Eden.
- Andaman & Nicobar Islands
- 1 of 2. Andaman & Nicobar Islands. Updated Jul 1 2005.
- Colona Liveaboards
- 8D/8N Andaman Island Special. MV Giamani. Andaman Islands.
- Andaman Islands, India: Tsunami, Coastal Ecosystems & Climate
- Andaman Islands, India: Tsunami, Coastal Ecosystems & Climate. R. Ramesh.
Suggested News Resources
- Unlock mysteries of the Indian Ocean
- But for passengers, the greatest thrill may lie in a rare visit to the Andaman Islands.
- The lens has two faces
- His photographs have a certain dynamism, unlike the impressive corpus of material developed in the closing years of the century by that prodigious administrator-cum-amateur anthropologist in the Andaman Islands, MV Portman.
- India reveals plans to build seven new ports
- Twelve of those ports are government owned, while one – Port Blair on the Andaman Islands – is privately operated. The country also has 187 medium and minor ports, and several of these have been tagged for future development.
Suggested Web Resources
- Andaman Nicobar Tourism
- Includes information on local attractions, tourist spots, general information and travel tips, accommodation and uisine.
- Andaman Association, Lonely Islands - The Andamanese
- Apr 2, 2009 All aspects of the world's oldest human population living on isolated islands in the Bay of Bengal.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Andaman Islands Topics
courtyard examples of courtyards
meaning of dreams about goat