A selection of articles related to aniconic dictionary.
Original articles from our library related to the Aniconic Dictionary. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Aniconic Dictionary.
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Apple Divination
- We have all heard and used the expression "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." This expression is based on a very old superstition and is one of many associated with apples. I am quite sure that you have all held an apple in one hand and twisted...
Psychic Abilities >> Divination
- The Tarot Queens and the Kama Sutra
- '"Being the source of virtue, woman is the best means of reaching heaven. Man's efforts to be virtuous are impossible outside of conjugal virtue... There is no doubt that women are a source of happiness."' Vatsyayana An ancient principle of Indian...
Tarot Cards >> The Minor Arcana
- Hulse, David Allen
- >From an early age, David Allen Hulse has made a diligent study of the alphabets of the ancient world. Even as a child, David possessed a great affinity for the alphabets of Egypt, Phoenicia, and Greece. In college, a reading of MacGregor Mathers' Kabbalah...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Hulse, David Allen
- From an early age, David Allen Hulse has made a diligent study of the alphabets of the ancient world. Even as a child, David possessed a great affinity for the alphabets of Egypt, Phoenicia, and Greece. In college, a reading of MacGregor Mathers' Kabbalah...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Aniconic Dictionary is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Aniconic Dictionary books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Avg Qnat/tivtbi \WQtuvu. 0U, [TH - Media Center for Art History
- In their ﬁrst aspect, emblems may be read as aniconic presentations of the Buddha. The term 'aniconic' carries the dictionary meaning of “symbolizing with-.
- Article - The Huntington Archive - The Ohio State University
- In their ﬁrst aspect, emblems may be read as aniconic presentations of the Buddha. The term “aniconic” carries the dictionary meaning of “symbolizing with-.
- ACTA UNIVERSITATIS UPSALIENSIS Historia Religionum 15 - DiVA
- The formation of Buddhist aniconic art was indicated by the connection of ..... English Dictionary (New Delhi: Oriental Books Repring, 1975 (1921–1925)), pp.
- 5 Hrs orbital/ls 2.2“ \ Hat-(mum. - IS MU
- have been explained as aniconic scenes are not ... the aniconic theory has been vastly overestimated and that the ..... She cites a dictionary meaning of the.
- Report from a Scholar's Life: My Work on the Enigmas of the Notions
- Patrich's conclusion that the Nabateans had aniconic cult, again with stelae. Nabatean personal .... The summarizing dictionary article by.
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
- Aniconic | Define Aniconic at Dictionary.com
- not employing or permitting images, idols, etc.: an aniconic religion. 2.
- Aniconic | Definition of Aniconic by Merriam-Webster
- Define aniconic: symbolic or suggestive rather than literally representational ... This word doesn't usually appear in our free dictionary, but we've shared just a bit ...
- Aniconic - definition of aniconic by The Free Dictionary
- Define aniconic. aniconic synonyms, aniconic pronunciation, aniconic translation, English dictionary definition of aniconic. adj not portrayed in a human or ...
- Definition of “aniconic” | Collins English Dictionary
- Definition of “aniconic” | The official Collins English Dictionary online. Comprehensive and authoritative, rely on Collins for up-to-date English with insights into ...
- aniconic - Wiktionary
- aniconic (comparative more aniconic, superlative most aniconic). Of or pertaining to representations without human or animal form. [quotations ▽].
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.