- A Broken Market Without Memory Will Make 2016 Difficult
- Robert Hunter and Jerry Garcia wrote the song, which appeared in 1969 on the Dead's third album, Aoxomoxoa. The real St. Stephen was a Christian martyr who served as a deacon of the early church in Israel.
- 46 Years Ago: The Grateful Dead Hint Toward the Future With 'Aoxomoxoa'
- Though already legendary for their live chops, the Grateful Dead had become more at home in the studio by the time they released Aoxomoxoa on June 20, 1969. The Dead's 1967 debut was a classic snapshot of the early San Francisco era — a ...
- Remembering the Grateful Dead's Jerry Garcia on the 20th Anniversary of His Death
- I always loved when they played “China Cat,” which was recorded originally on Aoxomoxoa, the band's 1969 album; it was like they were playing it for me. My second show, at the Berkeley Community Theater on Aug. 24, 1972 also included “China Cat/Rider ...
- Parting Shots: Patrick Simmons
- I was playing with Peter Grant, who later became Hoyt Axton's steel player [and appeared on “Doin' That Rag” on the Grateful Dead's Aoxomoxoa].
- 45 Years Ago: The Grateful Dead Rise Above Hard Times To Find 'American Beauty'
- 1, 1970, roughly five months after its predecessor — and like Workingman's Dead, it found the band working quickly, adopting a far more cost-effective studio process than the laborious trek that had made 1969's Aoxomoxoa such a costly recording.
Aoxomoxoa is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Aoxomoxoa books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.