- Love Is Scary: 12 Weird Phobias
- People with haphephobia or aphenphosmphobia must get pretty lonely, as their phobias cause them to avoid letting anyone touch their skin . 9. Headaches caused by overwhelmingly strong, chemical scents and burns from hot wax may explain why some ...
- Everglades Sightings: Greedheads and Goons
- Boyd has been avoiding Lily by pretending to suffer from an ailment called aphenphosmphobia. Because of this condition, Boyd says, Lily must stop trying to touch him and let him be cured at the Garfield Clinic, supposedly in sunny Florida.
- How I cured my fear of spiders but not of light bulbs ... with a little help
- Clowns send a burly 6ft male friend of mine into a hyperventilating panic. One woman I know faints if she sees tomato ketchup. My last boss insisted staples were inserted at a precise 90-degree angle into paper to make them 'safe'.
- The Mystery Behind Debilitating Phobias
- For the 40 million Americans who have an anxiety disorder, fears from ailuraphobia (a terror of cats) to aphenphosmphobia (dread of being touched) are not just funny-sounding crossword solutions, as actor Tony Shalhoub discovered.
- Why can't we agree on the names for phobias?
- There are six names for the persistent and irrational fear of being touched - Aphenphosmphobia, Aphephobia, Chiraptophobia, Haphephobia, Haptephobia, and Haptophobia; cats - Aclurophobia, Ailurophobia, Elurophobia, Felinophobia, Galeophobia, and ...
Aphenphosmphobia is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Aphenphosmphobia books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.