A selection of articles related to apophatic theology.
Original articles from our library related to the Apophatic Theology. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Apophatic Theology.
- Divinity: Thought We are Many, Are We One?
- Dear Questioner, You asked if there was such a thing as Christian Wicca. The simple answer is, of course there is! The tradition of communing with all the lovely fellow spirits in this cosmos goes way back beyond apostolic times. Didn't the Magi (plural for...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Ptah, Peteh, 'South of His Wall', 'The Ancient One', worshipped in Mennefer (Gr: Memphis) already in the early dynastic period, probably at first as the local patron of craftsmanship, his High Priest in Mennefer was titled 'Greatest of the controllers of...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Elhaz is the seventh Rune of the second aett (group of eight). Its name means "elk," in the European sense of the word. The European elk is essentially the same animal as the North American "moose." The North American elk (wapiti) is a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part II: The Old Kingdom
- II - The Old Kingdom ca 2686-2181 BC During the Old Kingdom the Egyptian society moved from tribal communities to a fully developed theocratic system, where the power of the king was absolute. The great pyramids of Dynasty 4 was made possible by technological...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Egyptian Temples, part VI: The House of Life
- Library - Archive 'The House of Life' could well be called a library. It was that part of the temple where all records and texts were kept and stored. These papyrii encompassed many different fields of learning as well as the accountings on the daily and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Jesus Christ! You’re acting like one of those Christians
- "He drew a circle that shut me out— Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout. But Love and I had the wit to win; We drew a circle that took him in!" – Edwin Markham The room was filled with Pagans, Witches and a few Asatru. The discussion had flowed from &qu...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
Apophatic Theology is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Apophatic Theology books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Hang him first, try him later
- Politicians were silent, although the former Premier of New South Wales, Kristina Keneally, a prominent Catholic with a theology degree, said that she enjoyed the video. .....
- The End of Negative Theology
- When I was in graduate school in the eighties, negative theology was all the rage because it seemed like such a blessing. What better form could a theologian give to the confounding perplexities of deconstruction and the metaphysical obfuscations of ...
- Way Beyond Atheism: God Does Not (Not) Exist
- I spoke of my attraction to so-called negative, or apophatic, theology.
- Author mines Bible for images to describe the indescribable
- Reading Lauren F. Winner's Wearing God is like having a chat with her over coffee. This book is written in conversational chunks and the structure is not always immediately apparent.
- Premillennial Time
- Premillennialism - the view that Jesus returns to reign in person at the beginning of a literal one-thousand-year golden age - is often criticized these days for being defeatist, spiritualist, gnostic. It was not always so.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Apophatic Theology Topics
Related searchesthe searchers band band history
friedrich nietzsche key concepts
yamanashi prefecture history