A selection of articles related to apple snail.
Original articles from our library related to the Apple Snail. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Apple Snail.
- Apple Divination
- We have all heard and used the expression "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." This expression is based on a very old superstition and is one of many associated with apples. I am quite sure that you have all held an apple in one hand and twisted...
Psychic Abilities >> Divination
- Self-love and apple blossom essence
- And pluck till time and times are done the silver apples of the moon the golden apples of the sun. - William B. Yeats I zapped myself into Oprahâ€™s show and was touched by crying people, who consider themselves ugly and despicable. Young, beautiful people...
Homeopathy >> Bach Flower Remedies
- May Apple: Correspondences
- Podophyllum peltaltum POISON Folk Names: American Mandrake, Duck's Foot, Hog Apple, Mandrake, Racoon Berry, Wild Lemon Gender: Masculine Planet: Mercury Element: Fire Deity: Power: Money...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary M
- Apple: Correspondences
- Pyrus spp. Folk Names: Fruit of the Gods, Fruit of the Underworld, Silver Branch, The Silver Bough, Tree of Love Gender: Feminine Planet: Venus Element: Water Deities: Venus, Dionysus, Olwen, Apollo, Hera, Athena, Aphrodite, Diana, Zeus, Iduna Powers: Love,...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary A
- Chamomile: The Healer
- Chamomile is one of the oldest favorites amongst garden herbs and its reputation as a medicinal plant shows little signs of abatement. The Egyptians reverenced it for its virtues, and from their belief in its power to cure ague, dedicated it to their gods. No...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary C
- Samhain, The Celtic New Year
- Samhain (pronounced Sowain, Sah-uin, or Sahm-hayn) is also called the Celtic New Year, The Third harvest, All Hollows Eve, the Day of the Dead, and of course Halloween. There are many more names for Samhain, but rather then having a different meaning, they...
Holidays >> Samhain
- Summer is at its end and the last harvest is taken in. The cold season returns, all of nature seems to die and the nights become long. It is the beginning of Samon, the dark half of the year. The veil between the land of the living and the land of the dead...
Holidays >> Samhain
Apple Snail is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Apple Snail books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Everglades Ecosystem Restoration - Florida Apple Snail
- Apple snails are most notably the exclusive food source of effects on apple snails. Native to Florida, the dynamics of apple snails.
- Island Apple Snail
- that this apple snail may out-compete Apple snails, in general, have a lung in addition to their tolerance for cold temperatures than the Florida apple snail.
Suggested News Resources
- Talk of the Day -- Apple snails staging comeback in Taiwan?
- A local newspaper reported Thursday that the Yunlin county government launched a crackdown a day earlier on apple snail farms in the southern county to prevent the invasive species from damaging crops and the local ecology again.
- Apple snails on the move, again.
- Many in Terrebonne parish thought the past two "colder than normal winters" did away with the apple snail.
- Invertebrates That Are Suitable For Your Community Tank
- Watch out for these shrimp, as they are offered to aquarists, for their tanks, which is a definite no-no! as per www.articlealley.
- Apple snails continue invasion of Houma-Thibodaux
- These are a few of the apple-snail shells that were found near the Chacahoula swamp in 2008. During warm months, their alien, bubblegum-pink eggs dot the waterline in Bayou Black, Chacahoula and now, Bayou Terrebonne.
Suggested Web Resources
- The Apple Snail (Ampullariidae) Website
- Information about apple snails (Ampullariidae): ecology, care, anatomy, species and genera, FAQ, literature, photographs, diseases and more.
- How to take care of apple snails: food, housing and breeding.
- How to take care of an apple snail: food, housing and breeding.
- Ampullariidae - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Ampullariidae, common name the apple snails, is a family of large freshwater snails, aquatic gastropod mollusks with a gill and an operculum.
- Apple Snail
- Apple snails are native to South America where they live from Argentina northwards to the Amazon basin. They like to live in lakes, ponds and swamps.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Apple Snail Topics
Related searchesryksopp hit singles
tanuki tanuki in folklore
and then there were none plot
vaticinia ex eventu
subjunctive mood french