A selection of articles related to applied folklore.
Original articles from our library related to the Applied Folklore. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Applied Folklore.
- Herbs of Folklore and Modern Medicine: White Willow, Aloe Vera, and Garlic
- Many of the medicinal herbs we use today have been studied by modern science for application in today’s medical field. These studies have shown that our ancestral folk uses of these herbs were very much correct in their applications. Here we will explore...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Reinforcement Effect and Displacement Trend: No Wine in Old Bottles?
- Two phenomena concerning displacement--the reinforcement effect and the displacement trend--have been only meagerly investigated with virtually no further published studies of them since they were first reported decades ago. Because there appears to be...
Journal of Parapsychology >> vol 53, 1989
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Harding, Deborah
- Deborah Harding began gardening alongside her parents when she was just able to walk. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two daughters. She writes articles on herbal concerns for magazines and web-zines, and gives lectures and workshops on growing herbs...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 7
- MAKING FRIENDS WITH NATURE AND NATURAL LAW The fall of human society has not occurred overnight. It has taken many centuries, many millennia in fact, for the Divine potentials and inherent genius of the human being to degrade into the modern...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Applied Folklore is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Applied Folklore books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- APPLIED FOLKLORE Richard M Dorson Three senses of applied
- Three senses of applied folklore seem to be currently in the air.
- ACADEMIC AND APPLIED FOLKLORE: PARTNERS FOR THE
- ACADEMIC AND APPLIED FOLKLORE: PARTNERS FOR THE FUTURE.
- PROVERBS AND MEDICINE: THE PROBLEM OF APPLIED
- Key words: applied folklore, medicine and humanities, proverbs in medicine, thematic collections. INTRODUCTION: NEVER SAY NEVER.
Suggested News Resources
- Glyn Schofield's ride a contender for one of spring's best
- Surely extenuating circumstances could have applied. Folklore maintains that when given out lbw, the great cricketer Victor Trumper said to the official: ''Have these people come here to see you umpire or me bat?
Suggested Web Resources
- "Stetson Kennedy: Applied folklore and cultural advocacy" by
- Kennedy's work provides a case study on how folklore materials have been used this study provides an historical precedent for such applied folklore in America.
- Applied Folklore
- Applied Folklore is a Arts & humanities postgraduate unit offered by Curtin University through Open Universities Australia.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Applied Folklore Topics
water rocket fins
donkey us democratic party symbol