A selection of articles related to applied folklore.
Original articles from our library related to the Applied Folklore. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Applied Folklore.
- Herbs of Folklore and Modern Medicine: White Willow, Aloe Vera, and Garlic
- Many of the medicinal herbs we use today have been studied by modern science for application in today’s medical field. These studies have shown that our ancestral folk uses of these herbs were very much correct in their applications. Here we will explore...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Reinforcement Effect and Displacement Trend: No Wine in Old Bottles?
- Two phenomena concerning displacement--the reinforcement effect and the displacement trend--have been only meagerly investigated with virtually no further published studies of them since they were first reported decades ago. Because there appears to be...
Journal of Parapsychology >> vol 53, 1989
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Harding, Deborah
- Deborah Harding began gardening alongside her parents when she was just able to walk. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two daughters. She writes articles on herbal concerns for magazines and web-zines, and gives lectures and workshops on growing herbs...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 7
- MAKING FRIENDS WITH NATURE AND NATURAL LAW The fall of human society has not occurred overnight. It has taken many centuries, many millennia in fact, for the Divine potentials and inherent genius of the human being to degrade into the modern...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- The Rise Of The Rede
- A Change In Emphasis The Wiccan Rede currently enjoys an extremely visible role in Paganism. As of this writing, a browser search using the term "Wiccan Rede" will generate no less than 4,000 listings. Go to a specific Web site with a "basics...
Paganism & Wicca >> The Wiccan Rede
Applied Folklore is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Applied Folklore books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Free-range chooks wander through the dictionary
- The current carton in my fridge has been reused so often it's applied for residency status. Angela and her family have 10 birds ... Hence fowls occupy so many fables and fairy tales around the world, proverbs and folklore.
- Interdisciplinary minors energize learning and enhance job prospects
- Students will dive into such topics as the science of food, food production, food policy, nutrition, cultural customs, the folklore of food and much more. For example, this spring there will be food-focused classes for every palate, including ...
- What to do when you burn yourself
- There is little evidence to support the use of home remedies like applying butter, oil, tea, toothpaste, flour, onion, eucalyptus, lavender or tea tree oil.
- Amuneke: Nigeria can repeat 1996 heroics
- “Going into the tournament we had the self-belief that if we applied ourselves well we could do something great for ourselves and the country," said Amuneke. "Don't forget we had some players ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Applied Folklore Topics
Related searchesepithelium classification
rollo may biography
dnangel towa no shirube
ethane methyl sulfonate
hinduism and women
rum rum in colonial america