A selection of articles related to arabian mythology.
Original articles from our library related to the Arabian Mythology. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Arabian Mythology.
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- An Overview of Greek Gods and Goddesses
- The Twelve Olympians were the main gods and goddesses in Greek mythology. They resided in Mount Olympus and actually totals to fourteen Olympians but never more than twelve in a time.
Religion & Philosophy >> Deities & Heros
Arabian Mythology is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Arabian Mythology books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Arab creation myth
- The Arab creation myth. MUSLIM theologians dub theJahiliyya (pre-Islam period) as 'the age of spiritual darkness'. This misconception has over the centuries.
- The Mythical Ghoul in Arabic Culture
- sheds light on the Arabic origins of the Arabian. Nights and suggests ... of the Arabic ghoul.
- The Arab Oedipus: Oriental Perspectives on the Myth - Project MUSE
- The Arab Oedipus: Oriental. Perspectives on the Myth safi mahmoud mahfouz. Arab dramatists have excelled at adapting Greek dramas through rewriting,.
- Myths and Misconceptions
- Adalah - The Legal Cen ter for Arab Min ority Righ ts in. Israel. The Arab.
- discover the arab world - British Museum
- the language of Arab tribal kingdoms in central Arabia, southern Iraq and Syria. ... geography, astronomy, astrology and natural history, through fact and myth.
Suggested News Resources
- Blood Ties
- The food is shit; the armor is shit; the immaculate Arabian horses have been sold off and replaced with animals closer to mules. But few of the men, and none .... Family myths were created in much the same way they are created today.
- Islamic State group: The full story
- The entrenchment of Wahhabi salafism in Saudi Arabia - and the billions of petrodollars to which it gained access - provided one of the wellsprings for jihadist militancy in the region in modern times.
- On The New International Wizarding Schools
- Thinking magically, the only culture that has a deep mystical and magical tradition that hasn't been tapped into is that of the Arabian peninsula. The Middle East, in Saudi Arabia, perhaps, or maybe a more westernized ...
- “Gods of Egypt': heretical cinema
- I didn't think it possible, but the people behind “Gods of Egypt” managed to take something as interesting as Egyptian mythology and reduce it to a bloated, half-cocked failure. Flicks like “Gods of Egypt” are the reason I have a hard time ...
Suggested Web Resources
- Religion in pre-Islamic Arabia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- According to F.E. Peters, "one of the characteristics of Arab paganism as it has come down to us is the absence of a mythology, narratives that might serve to ...
- Category:Arabian legendary creatures - Wikipedia, the free
- Pages in category "Arabian legendary creatures" ... Falak (Arabian legend). G.
- Category:Arabian mythology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Pages in category "Arabian mythology". The following 24 pages are in this category, out of 24 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- jinni | Arabian mythology | Britannica.com
- Apr 1, 2014 Jinni, plural Jinn, also called Genie, Arabic Jinnī, in Arabic mythology, a supernatural spirit below the level of angels and devils.
- Arabian Paganism: Mythology and religion of pre-Islamic Arabia
- Nov 9, 2011 Mythology and religion of pre-Islamic Arabia: Deities, Spirits, Figures and Locations. A miscellaneous and unorganized archive of deities; spirits ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Arabian Mythology Topics
Related searchesmodern freemasonry
fire fighting asphyxiating a fire
wuhan first bridge
kagu habitat and habits
shirley temple cocktail
canadian senate recent developments