A selection of articles related to aragonite.
Original articles from our library related to the Aragonite. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Aragonite.
- Translucent purple-pink-brown hexagonal, or white needle crystals. Deep, peaceful meditation; uplifts emotions. Centering, overview, patience under stress, helps us navigate business/managerial/personal challenges with a clear head and steady hand. Giving and...
Earth Mysteries >> Stones, Minerals & Metals
Aragonite is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Aragonite books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Aragonite CaCO3
- Aragonite. CaCO3 c 2001-2005 Mineral Data Publishing, version 1. Crystal Data: Orthorhombic, pseudohexagonal.
- OXYGEN AND CARBON ISOTOPE FRACTIONATION IN BIOGENIC
- richment in ~aO of aragonite relative to calcite is similar to that observed in Of note is the temperature dependence of the 6~3C of the biogenic aragonite.
Suggested News Resources
- How soft corals defy their environment: Protein favors calcite formation in
- 16, 2011) — Many marine organisms, including corals, build skeletons from calcium carbonate -- in the form of calcite or aragonite.
- Cookin' With Farmer Bob: An anniversary gift of love and sangria
- Sorry, honey, I couldn't come up with any gypsum, calcite or aragonite! Instead, I'm giving you the gift of food, which is a big part of our life together. When we were married at my parents' house on the island Aug.
- The Future of Earth's Coral Reefs
- Effect of CaCO3 (aragonite) saturation state of seawater on calcification of Porites coral. Geochemical Journal 38: 613-621. Pandolfi, JM, Connolly, SR, Marshall, DJ and Cohen, AL 2011.
- Ocean acidification: climate change's 'evil twin'
- Modelling based on a continuation of the current emissions scenario projects that by 2054, 50% of the Arctic Ocean will have crossed a chemical threshold known as aragonite undersaturation.
- September 2011 Geology highlights: New research posted Aug. 5
- Neoproterozoic aragonite-dolomite seas? Widespread marine dolomite precipitation in Cryogenian reef complexes Ashleigh vS Hood et al., School of Earth Sciences, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3051, Australia; doi: 10.
Suggested Web Resources
- ARAGONITE (Calcium Carbonate)
- Aragonite is a common carbonate mineral. It is unfortunately often thought of as the poor cousin to calcite.
- Aragonite: Aragonite mineral information and data.
- The principal member of the Aragonite Group, aragonite is the second most common polymorph of natural calcium carbonate (the most common is calcite ).
- Aragonite Mineral Data
- Name Pronunciation: Aragonite + Pronunciation Say ARAGONITE Aragonite Image.
- Aragonite - Fire Mountain Gems and Beads
- Aragonite, pronounced uh-RAG-oh-nite, is also known as tufa and tchazar crystal .
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesjohann georg hiedler
apollo 13 film technical accuracy
young turks history
david hume the problem of causation
common lisp data structures