A selection of articles related to aragonite.
Original articles from our library related to the Aragonite. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Aragonite.
- Translucent purple-pink-brown hexagonal, or white needle crystals. Deep, peaceful meditation; uplifts emotions. Centering, overview, patience under stress, helps us navigate business/managerial/personal challenges with a clear head and steady hand. Giving and...
Earth Mysteries >> Stones, Minerals & Metals
Aragonite is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Aragonite books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Aragonite CaCO3
- Aragonite. CaCO3 c 2001-2005 Mineral Data Publishing, version 1. Crystal Data: Orthorhombic, pseudohexagonal.
- OXYGEN AND CARBON ISOTOPE FRACTIONATION IN BIOGENIC
- richment in ~aO of aragonite relative to calcite is similar to that observed in Of note is the temperature dependence of the 6~3C of the biogenic aragonite.
Suggested News Resources
- How soft corals defy their environment: Protein favors calcite formation in
- 16, 2011) — Many marine organisms, including corals, build skeletons from calcium carbonate -- in the form of calcite or aragonite.
- Cookin' With Farmer Bob: An anniversary gift of love and sangria
- Sorry, honey, I couldn't come up with any gypsum, calcite or aragonite! Instead, I'm giving you the gift of food, which is a big part of our life together. When we were married at my parents' house on the island Aug.
- The Future of Earth's Coral Reefs
- Effect of CaCO3 (aragonite) saturation state of seawater on calcification of Porites coral. Geochemical Journal 38: 613-621. Pandolfi, JM, Connolly, SR, Marshall, DJ and Cohen, AL 2011.
- Ocean acidification: climate change's 'evil twin'
- Modelling based on a continuation of the current emissions scenario projects that by 2054, 50% of the Arctic Ocean will have crossed a chemical threshold known as aragonite undersaturation.
- September 2011 Geology highlights: New research posted Aug. 5
- Neoproterozoic aragonite-dolomite seas? Widespread marine dolomite precipitation in Cryogenian reef complexes Ashleigh vS Hood et al., School of Earth Sciences, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3051, Australia; doi: 10.
Suggested Web Resources
- ARAGONITE (Calcium Carbonate)
- Aragonite is a common carbonate mineral. It is unfortunately often thought of as the poor cousin to calcite.
- Aragonite: Aragonite mineral information and data.
- The principal member of the Aragonite Group, aragonite is the second most common polymorph of natural calcium carbonate (the most common is calcite ).
- Aragonite Mineral Data
- Name Pronunciation: Aragonite + Pronunciation Say ARAGONITE Aragonite Image.
- Aragonite - Fire Mountain Gems and Beads
- Aragonite, pronounced uh-RAG-oh-nite, is also known as tufa and tchazar crystal .
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
pride and prejudice bbc trivia
dream dictionary robbery
cherokee society the council house