Arahath Mahinda Thero
- 'Let's practice gratitude - commemorate Arahath Mahinda'
- Poson, held on the full moon day of June, commemorates the occasion over 2,000 years ago when Arahat Mahinda, son of Emperor Asoka of India, converted King Devanampiyatissa to Buddhism. The main center of celebration is Mihintale, the ancient ...
- Sri Lanka is Sinhala Country, Buddfhism is its Official Religion.
- There are no historical remains to show Hinduism had existed in Sri Lanka before the arrival of Venerable Arahath Mahinda Thero.
- Decisions taken by the Cabinet of Ministers at the meeting held on 05-08-2015
- In one of the inscriptions it is stated that ashes of the Arahat Mahinda Thero who brought Buddhism to Sri Lanka are enshrined in one of the Stupas. As such this monastery could be identified as the archaeologically untouched archeologic site in Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lanka's admirable Buddhist missionary achievements in the West: Anagarika
- Poson commemorates the occasion of King Devanampiyatissa embracing Buddhism after listening to the Dhamma preached by Arahat Mahinda. Buddhism came to Sri Lanka by royal invitation and all kings/queens ...
- Today marks Poson full moon poya day
- Today is Poson full moon poya day, the day that commemorates the introduction of Buddhism to Sri Lanka by Arahat Maha Mahinda thera. Poson, held on the full moon day of June, commemorates the occasion over 2,000 years ago when Arahat Mahinda, ...
Arahath Mahinda Thero is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Arahath Mahinda Thero books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Arahath Mahinda Thero Topics
boltysh crater overview
daniel pearl video of pearl beheading
genetically modified organism history