- In an underwater graveyard, scientists discover bones of giants from
- Among them are specimens of Megaladapis, a big-nosed, beady-eyed creature whose heavy, squat body more closely resembled a koala's than those of the diminutive lemurs we know today, and Archaeoindris, the largest known lemur species that was the ...
- Elephant Bird Egg Sells For $101K
- Some of the other recent extinctions in Madagascar include the gorilla sized lemur Archaeoindris, an enormous number of other lemur species, the giant fossa, and the malagasy hippopotamus.
- Warum der größte Affe aller Zeiten verschwand
- Das untere Ende liegt bei 1,80 Metern Höhe und 200 Kilogramm Gewicht, was ihn bereits an die Dimensionen von Gorillas und Menschen heranbringt – und nicht zu vergessen an die des Riesenlemuren Archaeoindris, der bis vor einigen tausend Jahren auf ...
- Marvels of Madagascar
- The largest lemur (Archaeoindris fontoynonti) weighed 350 to 440 pounds and reached five feet tall. Another group of stocky lemurs (genus Megaladapis) looked like giant koalas, at four to five feet tall with some weighing as much as 190 pounds.
Archaeoindris is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Archaeoindris books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesvicarious suffering
dream dictionary hindu mythology
heavy metal music instrumentation
light state of hypnosis
limbic system history