Ardvi Sura Anahita
- Aredvi Sura Anahita is Ardwisur Anahid or Nahid in Middle- and Modern . Aban Yasht, the river yazata is described as "the great spring Ardvi Sura Anahita is the ..
- indo_007 150
- 'Ardvi Sura Anahita … wearing shoes up to the ankle, having golden ties ….' arwdvi sura anahita … zaranya aoθra paitišmuxta … (Yashts. 5.
- From the Hymns of Zarathustra to the Songs of Borbad
- sonifies the sunlight, Maongha, Ardvi-Sura-Anahita and Atar per- sonifythemoon, water,andfire,respectively.
- Zoroastrianism Ancient and Modern Chapters 4,5,6,7,8
- "Herodotus, who confuses her (i.e. Ardvi Sura Anahita) with Mithra, says that her cult came to Iran from the Semites of Assyria and Arabia,".
- AVESTA: KHORDA AVESTA (English): Aban Yasht ('Hymn to the
- 'Then Ardvi Sura Anahita, O Spitama Zarathushtra! proceeded forth from the Mayest thou be most fully worshipped, O Ardvi Sura Anahita!
- Iransaga - Persian Myths, The Gods of Ancient Persia
- Ardvi Sura Anahita is the goddess of all the waters and the source of the cosmic ocean. She drives a chariot pulled by four horses: wind, rain, cloud and sleet.
- Persian Goddess Names
- (Ardvi Sura Anahita) The ancient Persian water goddesse. She watches over rainfall as well as standing water.
Ardvi Sura Anahita is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ardvi Sura Anahita books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
Suggested Web Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.