A selection of articles related to areopagus.
Original articles from our library related to the Areopagus. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Areopagus.
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 17
- Chapter 17 17:1 Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews: 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, 17:3...
New Testament >> The Acts
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Areopagus is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Areopagus books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Paul at Athens: An Examination of His Areopagus Address in the
- situation of Paul's speech, the culture of Athens, the Areopagus as a place .
- 1 The Days of Genesis: An Old-Earth View Paul Copan (Written in
- Areopagus Journal 5/2 (March-April 2005): 15, 17, 19. Posted with permission from Areopagus Journal.
Suggested News Resources
- Lessons from Scripture and the drive to church
- By Jo Ann Dalgard "Paul then stood up in the meeting of the Areopagus and said: 'Men of Athens! I see that in every way you are very religious.
- Perhaps there is a parallel between Athens and our city
- So they introduced him to the Council of the Areopagus, so called because the hill of Ares (the Greek god of war) was its original meeting place.
- Milliner on Postmodernity
- 2.5 Paul did not end his speech at the Areopagus by saying “the Unknown God” is a great idea, sorry I bothered you. Nice statue.
- Premiere of Discovery's 'Curiosity' -- shameless secularism not science
- Perhaps the Athenians of ancient Greece would be pleased to know that science has finally identified the deity (Agnostos Theos) that they built the famous temple to the unknown god for in Areopagus.
- Dr. M. J. Kater levert bouwstenen voor apologetiek
- Daarbij zoekt hij „ontmoetingspunten”, zoals de apostel Paulus dat deed op de Areopagus. Er zijn allerlei redenen om te geloven dat God er is en dat de Bijbel dé godsopenbaring is.
Suggested Web Resources
- Areopagus (Mars Hill) - Athens, Greece
- Jun 25, 2009 Areopagus (Mars Hill): History, description, photos and visitor information for Areopagus (Mars Hill) in Athens, Attica, Greece.
- Summary: The Council of the Areopagus
- The Areopagus, or “Hill of Ares” ( Ἀρεῖος πάγος ), in Athens was the site of a council that served as an important legal institution under the Athenian democracy.
- Paul's Sermon On Mars' Hill (Areopagus, Hill Of Ares) in Athens
- Paul's Sermon On Mars' Hill (Areopagus, Hill Of Ares) in Athens, Greece. Wherever Paul turned, he must have seen statues, temples, and shrines.
- The Areopagus: Atlanta's Christian Study Center 2.0
- The Areopagus is a Christian apologetics ministry based in Atlanta, Georgia.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.