A selection of articles related to aristotle chance.
Original articles from our library related to the Aristotle Chance. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Aristotle Chance.
- Reinforcement Effect and Displacement Trend: No Wine in Old Bottles?
- Two phenomena concerning displacement--the reinforcement effect and the displacement trend--have been only meagerly investigated with virtually no further published studies of them since they were first reported decades ago. Because there appears to be...
Journal of Parapsychology >> vol 53, 1989
- Question the Premises of Society and Science
- Question the ultimate validity of the basic premises of society, in particular, scientific theory. Do not accept concepts or statements as truthful simply due to weight of tradition or learned opinion. The synthesis of these statements is a healthy skepticism...
Religion & Philosophy >> Philosophy
- A Quick Guide to Reading Ordinary Playing Cards
- Divining from regular playing cards is an old practice and I am sure many of us know at least one fortune-telling game done with this tool. Reading regular cards is called cartomancy or metasymbology. Playing cards have been called "The Devil's Picture...
Divination >> Tarot Cards
- Angelic Correspondences: Numerology and Major Arcana
- "An angel can illumine the thought and mind of man by strengthening the power of vision, and by bringing within his reach some truth which the angel himself contemplates." St. Thomas Aquinas "Music is well said to be the speech of angels."...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Bibles Do Not Equal Wisdom
- Bibles do not equal wisdom. In other words, all forms of spiritual text no matter how eloquently stated, cannot actually grant wisdom to the reader, merely through the act of reading. Words are only the representations of things, but not the things themselves....
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Aristotle Chance is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Aristotle Chance books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Luck and Good Fortune in the Eudemian Ethics
- word tUXll (usually translated as 'luck' or 'chance') in the EE is 'quite different' from Aristotle's theoretical discussion of luck, found in the Physics (Woods.
- Teleology, Chance, and Aristotle's Theory of Spontaneous Generation
- of sexual generation, Aristotle's account of spontaneous generation is incon- sistent with his metaphysical doctrines of causation and chance?
- The Law of Cause and Effect
- electricity and magnetism fully implement the law of cause and effect in the manner of the four causes required by Aristotle.
- Evolution: Teleology or chance?
- fundamental misunderstanding about the concepts of teleology and chance in modern thinking.
- Aristotle's Categories and Physics
- Aristotle claims that nature acts for a purpose, rather than from blind necessity. • If nature did not act for a purpose, its ends would be brought about by chance.
Suggested Web Resources
- Aristotle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- According to Aristotle, spontaneity and chance are causes of some things, distinguishable from other types of cause.
- Chance (philosophy) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- To many earlier Greek philosophers chance did not exist.
- Aristotle's Physics II
- Mar 14, 1996 Aristotle's Theory of Causes and Natural Teleology. Physics: Others say that chance causes everything; this is "amazing." Chapter 5.
- Phil 101 Notes Aristotle
- Thus, Aristotle sees chance and spontaneity as incidental modalities of cause, not additional causes as such.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.