- Bell Labs on how a telecom experiment proved the 'big bang' theory
- Using data from the antenna, Arno Penzias and Robert Wilson, in 1965, essentially confirmed the big bang theory and set the stage for modern study of cosmology.
- Top 10 Astronomical Discoveries Of All Time
- Editor's note: As part of Science Channel Weekend, Discovery Channel will premiere "Telescope" on Feb. 20 at 9 p.m.
- Finding beauty in the darkness
- A still image from a computer simulation of the collision of two black holes - detected for the first time by the Laser Interferometer Gravitational- Wave Observatory, or Ligo.
- Finding beauty in darkness
- When in 1964 Arno Penzias and Robert Wilson of Bell Laboratories detected radio waves emitted by celestial objects, they discovered that the universe began in a fiery Big Bang. One hundred years ago, Albert Einstein used his newly-discovered general ...
- How Two Pigeons Helped Scientists Confirm the Big Bang Theory
- In 1964, when Robert W. Wilson and Arno A. Penzias initially heard those astonishing radio signals that would lead to the first confirmed proof for the Big Bang Theory, they wondered if they had made a mistake.
Arno Penzias is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Arno Penzias books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.